• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the one book you miss ever letting go?
1 1

109 posts in this topic

I sold a high grade collection of Action Comics #25 - 120 five years ago. I was just getting back into the hobby when I found them and didn't know anything about CGC or GPA at the time. I sold them all on ebay and actually made a nice profit, but have been kicking myself ever since. 1/5 of them were easily 9.0s and if I would have taken my time and had them all slabbed I would have made a fortune (or I would have kept all of the super high grade ones for myself). I really didn't know what I had. I'll never see a collection like that again. Regret regret regret.

Also, I stupidly sold an AF15 1.0 2 years ago for a mere $1000 to a dealer who talked me out of it. I had no reason to sell it... he literally talked me out of it, and he even made me feel like I was getting a deal. I wasn't subscribed to GPA at the time so I really didn't have a great idea of what they were going for.

The book I really missed and wish I hadn't sold was my Batman #608 RRP. I sold it around two and a half years ago on here and regretted it the very next day, convincing myself I'd never get another one.

Three weeks ago I thought I'd have a quick look on eBay at the $1,000+ listings and lo and behold, there was a raw NM copy at a price that was spot on. Luckily the seller is a boardie on here so I shot him a message and he was good enough to work with me and the book is now mine. I'm so happy to own a copy again, and it one of those books that looks miles better in a Mylar than in a slab.

Sold a low-grade WbN 32 recently. Not anything big-time, but it is a comic I would like to have and I can't see myself shelling out the money for a mid to high-grade copy any time soon. *sigh*

My brother and I had a nice OO collection of ECs that we broke up and sold. It had several of the keys, and all the books were in the 4.0-5.5 range with some a bit better. We made great money on them (I bought my ASM #3 keeper with my end), but this was a few years before we really bothered to figure out CGC grading and likely could have done a lot better with them (or kept some).

My brother and I had a nice OO collection of ECs that we broke up and sold. It had several of the keys, and all the books were in the 4.0-5.5 range with some a bit better. We made great money on them (I bought my ASM #3 keeper with my end), but this was a few years before we really bothered to figure out CGC grading and likely could have done a lot better with them (or kept some).

:o

Also, I stupidly sold an AF15 1.0 2 years ago for a mere $1000 to a dealer who talked me out of it. I had no reason to sell it... he literally talked me out of it, and he even made me feel like I was getting a deal. I wasn't subscribed to GPA at the time so I really didn't have a great idea of what they were going for.

One copy sold for $451 in 2010. You only got taken for about $300. What did you pay for the book originally?