• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the one book you miss ever letting go?
1 1

109 posts in this topic

It's an inevitable part of a comic collector's personal history that when you reach college age you throw your collection away for a pittance as you either need the money or see the act of dumping your childhood treasures as a rite of passage.

Then comes the seller's remorse, the extended period away from the hobby (despite feeling the occasional need to go back to it) and finally, when you're more solvent and considerably older, the return.

Yes. That describes me perfectly.

No particular order.....but I miss my FF 1, my Venus 18, my Yellow Claw 3, and my TOS 50 (Northland).......GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

:eek:

I think I account for three out of those four. :sorry:

I have the occasional pang for my sold-off AMF15. I used it to help finance my purchase of a Tec 1 this year, though, so I can't complain too much. There will always be another AMF15...although I'm sure I'll have to pay more for it than I did the first time around.

Mine would be Action 76. Bought it raw from Alton when I first got on the boards. I sold it for some reason a couple of years ago.

Action760001-1.jpg

What's your one book?

Action Comics #1 in 1996.

Do you mind tell us how much for and condition?

2.5 - 3.0 OW/W. Came from an original owner collection that walked into my store. I sold the #1 basically to fund the rest of the collection that included Action 2 - 18 and many other books.

If I had it to do over again, I would not have sold the Action #1, and would have found another way to get the rest of the books. I dwell on it sometimes, but it is not productive to do that.

This book:

bb28rawcover.jpg

It's not high grade, the cover is detached and it has a chunk missing from the bottom but I found it in my father's warehouse and it got me back into comics and kicked off our small family business.

I PMed the guy who bought it and he said he sold it on eBay. If I ever see it, I'll pay double what I sold it for...it means that much to me!

Mine would be Action 76. Bought it raw from Alton when I first got on the boards. I sold it for some reason a couple of years ago.

Action760001-1.jpg

What's your one book?

2.5 - 3.0 OW/W. Came from an original owner collection that walked into my store. I sold the #1 basically to fund the rest of the collection that included Action 2 - 18 and many other books.

If I had it to do over again, I would not have sold the Action #1, and would have found another way to get the rest of the books. I dwell on it sometimes, but it is not productive to do that.

There's a picture of you with all those books somewhere.

B

Action760001-1.jpg

What's your one book?

There's a picture of you with all those books somewhere.

Yeah that Action 1 takes the cake.. I've seen the picture before of the action 1-10 set I believe...

This book:

bb28rawcover.jpg

It's not high grade, the cover is detached and it has a chunk missing from the bottom but I found it in my father's warehouse and it got me back into comics and kicked off our small family business.

I PMed the guy who bought it and he said he sold it on eBay. If I ever see it, I'll pay double what I sold it for...it means that much to me!

Kinda like Uncle Scrooge's first dollar he made (or was it a nickel?). That's kinda cool.

The comics discussed in this Thread is the "who's-who" of Comics!

This is actually a good sign for the hobby; despite the dwindling numbers of "collectors", the ones that remain are at a high level of expertise and knowledge!

CAL the journalist...

This book:

bb28rawcover.jpg

Kinda like Uncle Scrooge's first dollar he made (or was it a nickel?). That's kinda cool.

yeah but Scrooge wasn't dumb enough to use his first nickel! I really can't stress enough how much I want this book back!! :(

It's an inevitable part of a comic collector's personal history that when you reach college age you throw your collection away for a pittance as you either need the money or see the act of dumping your childhood treasures as a rite of passage.

Then comes the seller's remorse, the extended period away from the hobby (despite feeling the occasional need to go back to it) and finally, when you're more solvent and considerably older, the return.

Yes. That describes me perfectly.

And me!

No particular order.....but I miss my FF 1, my Venus 18, my Yellow Claw 3, and my TOS 50 (Northland).......GOD BLESS....

:eek:

I think I account for three out of those four. :sorry:

.....the fact that you ended up with them makes it OK for me friend. ......kind of like knowing your daughter married a great guy. GOD BLESS...

On 12/8/2012 at 3:57 PM, Jëffrö... said:

I try to do my best not to have seller's remorse because I sell in order to buy something I want more. However, I do kinda regret selling this one. It was in such nice shape.

crimedoesnotpay42front.jpg

What was the book? :pullhair: