• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Comic-Con April 20-21, 2013, Boston MA

206 posts in this topic

Off the top of my head, some of the dealers I remember from last year include GACollectibles, Bedrock Comics (not to be confused with Bedrock City), Comically Speaking, James Payette, Ted Van Liew, Bob Storms, CKB, Toon Tumblers, Mark Nathan and I think Harley Yee as well as some smaller local dealers, with Anthony Synder and Bechara Malouf on the OA side. These folks are shysters?

And since moving to its new location years ago, I don't recall any problems with overcrowding except for having to navigate around lengthy lines in Artist Alley.

Here's my report from last year in case anybody cares.

It was very crowded in the first couple hours of the show but it thinned out a lot as the day went on. They are expanding the space this year so I'm curious to see what the crowds look like.

If anyone wants to say hi I'll be the tall one milling around between the GACollectibles and Comically Speaking booths.

So, first time heading to BCC and meeting up with some friends in Boston for that weekend - judging from pics and reports from past cons, is this held in like a basement of the Hynes Convention center? For an out of towner, is it worth 2 days or can we absorb it all in one?

Thanks for any tips !

Hey, I see the first post with Sergio as a guest. I do not see him on the website, did I miss it?

Canceled.

I still have this feeling that Rosa is going to cancel, which is based on 99% gut and 1% his retirement announcement from a few weeks ago.

Off the top of my head, some of the dealers I remember from last year include GACollectibles, Bedrock Comics (not to be confused with Bedrock City), Comically Speaking, James Payette, Ted Van Liew, Bob Storms, CKB, Toon Tumblers, Mark Nathan and I think Harley Yee as well as some smaller local dealers, with Anthony Synder and Bechara Malouf on the OA side. These folks are shysters?

And since moving to its new location years ago, I don't recall any problems with overcrowding except for having to navigate around lengthy lines in Artist Alley.

Here's my report from last year in case anybody cares.

Very nice report. Thanks for the details and photos.

The celebrity guest list is looking a bit lean this year... It looks like it is down to only Lauren Cohan (the Power Ranger guy does not count, in my opinion).

This con has never really had "celebrities" or pop culture guests. They concentrate on making it a true ComicCon with a strong focus on creators both new and legendary.

The celebrity guest list is looking a bit lean this year... It looks like it is down to only Lauren Cohan (the Power Ranger guy does not count, in my opinion).

This con has never really had "celebrities" or pop culture guests. They concentrate on making it a true ComicCon with a strong focus on creators both new and legendary.

Yes, as well it should be. While I can appreciate the fact that celebrities bring in people to help the overall take at the door for the promotes, I have little interest.

If you'r looking for that kind of show, then I recommend this one :

www.supermegafest.com

Amen. Less "celebrities" and more actual comic creators, please. When Wizard World tried to do Boston three years or so ago it was chock full of celebrities - wrestlers, TV stars, all sorts of nonsense. The few big name comic creators they had were stuffed in the back of the hall. There weren't as many comic dealers as there were toy and "collectible" dealers. And thanks to the appearance fees for all the "celebrities," the admission was outrageous.

In short, it was the worst con I have been to. Boston Comic-Con, on the other hand, typically has far more dealers and creators. Not just well known creators, but a lot of indie publishers and up and comers in artists alley.

They keep the focus on comics, where it should be.

Amen. Less "celebrities" and more actual comic creators, please. When Wizard World tried to do Boston three years or so ago it was chock full of celebrities - wrestlers, TV stars, all sorts of nonsense. The few big name comic creators they had were stuffed in the back of the hall. There weren't as many comic dealers as there were toy and "collectible" dealers. And thanks to the appearance fees for all the "celebrities," the admission was outrageous.

In short, it was the worst con I have been to. Boston Comic-Con, on the other hand, typically has far more dealers and creators. Not just well known creators, but a lot of indie publishers and up and comers in artists alley.

They keep the focus on comics, where it should be.

I went to this one. It ended up being $35 just to get in. So terrible I made a video:

The only good thing for me that came out of that wizard world, was getting to talk to Shane Douglas about old school wrestling, and getting my awesome Batman sketch from Ethan Van Sciver. It couldn't be cgc'd though, because they closed up shop and left early.