• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my Marvel Super-Heroes # 18 please

7 posts in this topic

Cover has lots of gloss, corners are fairly sharp with minimal staple wear on cover. Spine is tight with cream/off white pages. The problem I am having still with my grading is with books that have one major flaw, in this instance a hole in the ULCC.

There is a hole slightly smaller in the exact same spot on the back cover also. BTW that is not staple rust on the back, just some smutz on cover. Opinions please?

551718-MSH%20%23%2018%20Front.jpg

551718-MSH%20%23%2018%20Back.jpg

551718-MSH%20%23%2018%20Hole.jpg

589a8cc817602_551718-MSH18Hole.jpg.e6ef70c79bbca0daece7abdc0a428fd8.jpg

The holes don't bother me as much as the soiling on the spine and back cover. I would grade it a 5.0 tops 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Without all the soiling, maybe it grades out to a 6.0.

I agree that the back cover is soiled a bit but the scan did turn out more tannish/yellow than it really appears. I was going to adjust the color but decided against it to stay true to an unaltered scan. Back cover does appear whiter in hand.

5.0/5.5

I bought a GS marvel annual that was graded 4.0 with too big pieces off the spine top and bottom.

Those holes won't kill it too much in the sub-Fine range.