• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink results

21 posts in this topic

It's an easy fix to just list them in the dealer marketplace like heritage and the rest of the dealers. It's just ridiculous clutter for no reason and against the rules of the site. I hate it when I see the same image both times Clink has auctioned it and then also in the new owner's gallery.

Hopefully if an owner requests that they take it down they comply.

It's an easy fix to just list them in the dealer marketplace like heritage and the rest of the dealers. It's just ridiculous clutter for no reason and against the rules of the site. I hate it when I see the same image both times Clink has auctioned it and then also in the new owner's gallery.

ComicConnect has the same problem! And when I did complain, they just moved it from their for sale gallery to the sold gallery. yay

Malvin

Is there a quick link to view all the recent results from the Comiclink auction?

The links that used to work just take me to the main page where I am informed that the auction is closed.

You can still see OA results starting from this page:

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/default.asp?Focused=1&x=0&y=0&pg=21'>http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/default.asp?Focused=1&x=0&y=0&pg=21

You may also go to the main auction page:

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/default.asp?Focused=1

Enter in the last page (page 27) and scroll backwards.

In most cases when the owner requests we take it down, we will take it down.

And they will keep a piece you purchased and received several months ago listed as "SALE PENDING" indefinitely (shrug)

We'll take these down if you request it as well.

Hi

I've not contributed to this thread until now, but I do agree with some of the viewpoints expressed by our contributors.

Perhaps it might be an idea to organize a reference resource for past sales (like Heritage), rather than have redundant (sold) items clog up the active listings of available art for sale?

I've just been perusing Mike Burkey's site. Mike carries some great art, but it's a pain in the backside trying to wade through pages and pages of art featuring lots of art no longer available. :frustrated:

So, yes, removing 'Sale Pending' items would be a good start for some much-needed housekeeping. (thumbs u

And they will keep a piece you purchased and received several months ago listed as "SALE PENDING" indefinitely (shrug)

Hi

I've not contributed to this thread until now, but I do agree with some of the viewpoints expressed by our contributors.

Perhaps it might be an idea to organize a reference resource for past sales (like Heritage), rather than have redundant (sold) items clog up the active listings of available art for sale?

I've just been perusing Mike Burkey's site. Mike carries some great art, but it's a pain in the backside trying to wade through pages and pages of art featuring lots of art no longer available. :frustrated:

So, yes, removing 'Sale Pending' items would be a good start for some much-needed housekeeping. (thumbs u

Archives of past sales would be great. (thumbs u

ComicConnect has the same problem! And when I did complain, they just moved it from their for sale gallery to the sold gallery. yay

Malvin

You're not supposed to have a sold gallery either yet many do. You're also not supposed to post wanted piece in a gallery outside of the want list set up. Since so many gallery owners do both I just went ahead and started listing paintings I can't find in my normal gallery.

Malvin

Doubly annoying for a "dealer" to have one of these. So much more art passes through their hands than the average collector.

And don't get me started on the folks that have the "sold/gone but not forgotten/used to own' galleries :frustrated: I wish CAF would make me an admin on the site. I'd go through and delete all of these. :whee:

I understand wanting to have the older auction results posted to show folks the prices realized and so forth. I just wish it was limited to just the items in the last FOCUSED AUCTION.

I purchased my piece in September. The sale is no longer "pending." I have the art, ComicLink, and I assume, the consignor have their money.

Out of curiosity, what is ComicLink's policy for deleting old auctions/CAF listings? Is it a certain time period after the transaction is completed? random?

Yes but that would be information and we don't want to have an informed buying public now do we. You have to remember that the latter (comic connect) was the outfit to utter the now classic, "the wheels are in motion" epitaph.

I have been harsh on Heritage for certain things in the past but their archives are one of the best contributions to the OA hobby. IMO the Comic Link (where you can't even track auctions) and Comic Connect site are in the Stone Age compared to Heritage, now some of that has to do with resources, but some of it also has to do with desire to commit resources. 2c

Guys - lots of stuff can be easily resolved with a simple phone call or email directly to *us*. Questions can be answered that way as well. 617-517-0062. buysell@comiclink.com

I gotta echo some of the sentiments here.

Certain things shouldnt even require a phone call since they're just basic common sense. If something has been sold, then the sale is no longer pending. Someone shouldnt have to request for that to be changed...