• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED: Detective Comics 168 CGC 5.0 Restored - Origin Joker 1951 $1200

14 posts in this topic

A comic I thought the boardies might be interested in:

PM's welcome, but first :takeit: Trumps PM

No ho'sers or probies

Shipping USA free via Priority Mail insured. International shipping will be at actual cost and adequate insurance must be available and included.

Paypal, Visa, MC Checks & Money Orders all work for me.

Returns accepted within 10 days if not happy - you pay return shipping.

DETECTIVE COMICS 168 CGC 5.0 restored, Moderate (A).

The origin of the Joker is told in this important and very high demand issue of Detective Comics published Feb 1951. The Joker is widely regarded as the most important villian ever created for comic books. An unrestored 4.5 sold for $4,066 in August and 6.5 unrestored sold for $5800 in September. An amatuer restored 3.0 sold for $800 in June.

Only 62 copies of this book have been graded. This one sits right in the middle of the census with three in grade and 32 graded higher. The restoration is listed as amatuer - but it appears that a professional could both improve the appearance & grade substantially and get it out of the amatuer category with some properly applied color touch. The CGC case is somewhat scuffed up but otherwise in good shape.

$1500 $1350!

$1200!!!

DetectiveComics168FC.jpg

DetectiveComics168BC.jpg

Thanks for looking! Questions just ask!

Nice book. Amazing to think it was 11 eleven years after his first app in Bat 1, that DC published the Joker origin :)

Yup. And amazing to think you had to GUESS at WHOM (?????) the guy in the purple suit could POSSIBLY be??? In later years you just automatically associate the color and the villain

Nice book. Amazing to think it was 11 eleven years after his first app in Bat 1, that DC published the Joker origin :)

Yup. And amazing to think you had to GUESS at WHOM (?????) the guy in the purple suit could POSSIBLY be??? In later years you just automatically associate the color and the villain

yeah, when I think purple and comics, I think of joker or hulks ripped pants lol

What was the page quality on that 6.5 that sold for $5800? I have an unrestored 6.5 with off white pages that I bought from Metropolis 6-7 years ago. No interest in selling right now.

Off White to White Certification # 1028314001

You have a very nice book.