• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your 2012 Group Shots

55 posts in this topic

For those with multiple copies of the same issue of recent issues, did you pre-order them or buy them off the rack when they got hot?

Wondering the same thing? Why would you buy some many of the same thing? I can see how you might want two of some of the more popular issues, one for collection and the other for speculation and selling, but why so many???

If 2 is good, then 50 is better, right? It's all about speculation.

I guess what I'm getting at is more to do with your ability to know before hand what will be hot. If you're buying them after the fact, that's one thing. If you're pre-ordering 20 copies of something with no buzz yet, that's something else.

For those with multiple copies of the same issue of recent issues, did you pre-order them or buy them off the rack when they got hot?

Wondering the same thing? Why would you buy some many of the same thing? I can see how you might want two of some of the more popular issues, one for collection and the other for speculation and selling, but why so many???

If 2 is good, then 50 is better, right? It's all about speculation.

Sure, but how many copies do you need to have before it becomes a labor of funds, vs a collection that is a labor of love? Maybe you can have both, but to me it has to have at least different covers. I guess to those their own, right?

I'm probably going to post my first comic collection picture ever later today.

I guess what I'm getting at is more to do with your ability to know before hand what will be hot. If you're buying them after the fact, that's one thing. If you're pre-ordering 20 copies of something with no buzz yet, that's something else.

Creative teams with a good track record releasing an ongoing is always a good indicator. Also, if the preview is good, it can't hurt to pre-order multiple copies at a nicely discounted price.

also keep in mind, at least with Image titles, buying more copies equals more sales for the artists equals them writing more issues.

if a title doesnt sell, it goes away.

That I understand. But, wouldn't it be better if more people had their hands on a copy of the comic vs a few elite having them all.

also keep in mind, at least with Image titles, buying more copies equals more sales for the artists equals them writing more issues.

That I understand. But, wouldn't it be better if more people had their hands on a copy of the comic vs a few elite having them all.

its not like we're buying them ALL! lol People can get them

its not like we're buying them ALL! lol People can get them

I wish I could read issue #1 of the Walking Dead. Thankfully I can since they release the graphic novels. But i'll never have the experiece of reading it from the real first issue, because I didn't know about it at the time and people picked the LCS clean of them for slabbing where they are likely never going to be read again. That said I don't see the problem with slabbing, just slabbing more than one it gets dicey for me.

Everything you see on my sig was all bought in 2012, including all first prints of 1-105 WD......Revival 1-5.....TOT 1-10

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost? I'm not saying its immposible for me to get all the walking dead books, I was just trying to point out that it is very difficult for those with less money to get them. If they were still on the selves for $3 that would be a different matter.

My Little Pony 2012. All the variant in the for the first issue minus the Dynamic Forces Variant because it does not ship til January, and the Shared Larry's and Jetpacks Micro Variant because I am going to get that one slabbed (see second picture). Sorry for the bad image quality, I don't have a very good camera.

A98-dJCCMAEvWYQ.jpg

A98-xp3CIAAJw2f.jpg

It's been a he!! of a year and I have enjoyed hanging out amongst such comic scholars :baiting: Below is a pic of some of my highlites of the year. Also worth mentioning are my Saga 1-7 set that I haven't slabbed yet and I have a ToT 1-10 that are slab worthy (not to mention several stacks of other titles) :grin:

Thanks for taking a look and here's to 2013! :banana:

8267755187_5fe5df0378_b.jpg

It's been a he!! of a year and I have enjoyed hanging out amongst such comic scholars :baiting: Below is a pic of some of my highlites of the year. Also worth mentioning are my Saga 1-7 set that I haven't slabbed yet and I have a ToT 1-10 that are slab worthy (not to mention several stacks of other titles) :grin:

Thanks for taking a look and here's to 2013! :banana:

8267755187_5fe5df0378_b.jpg

:golfclap: