• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the best way to detect color touch?

46 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Sure it would.  It blocks all light except UV so different inks show up differently.  They use this in forensic document examination.

I don't know if your serious or joking... (shrug) I am so confused... I think I'll have to look this up.. Damn you kav making me do some research on if blue sharpies would block the UV light 

4 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

I don't know if your serious or joking... (shrug) I am so confused... I think I'll have to look this up.. Damn you kav making me do some research on if blue sharpies would block the UV light 

serious.  try it.  Blue and purple.  It blocks all the wavelengths except UV.

13 minutes ago, kav said:
18 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

I remember seeing that video a while back lol its cool if your at a rave I guess but I don't think that would really detect colour touch. 

Sure it would.  It blocks all light except UV so different inks show up differently.  They use this in foreskin examination.

Yes, but...., ??

8 minutes ago, kav said:

serious.  try it.  Blue and purple.  It blocks all the wavelengths except UV.

ok well I was reading an article about it 

https://www.wired.com/2016/12/make-uv-light-phones-led-flash/

and it kind of works to a certain degree now with it catching Colour touch on a comic I guess we will have to see if anyone has had luck with that or if I find a book and can test this out. 

16 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

It's why I love buying books from you.  Such an intoxicating aroma when you read through it the first time.

ahh the eau du ammonia and UV chemical smell such a wonderful aroma eh? lol