• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the best way to detect color touch?

46 posts in this topic

Found a file on my old hard drive with tons of previously CT'ed books I took photos of.

Photos are not the best, but show enough of what black light does,and does not always reveal.

Learn to recognize the non black light photos, because last time I checked they won't let you turn off the lights at a convention.

If you see a dot matrix peeking out under a blurry area. It's CT.

I got lots more if interested.

These are super-helpful. Would love to see more if not too much trouble.

18 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Can you tell if there's color touch up in this comics I just bought?

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/454430-pgm-batman-181-with-poster-chip-on-poster-page/

I doubt it as there are plenty of black areas that could have been color touched and they werent.

11 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Put it on ebay and pay CGC $5 to look at the scans. 

i don't know that is possible.... it is the first thing that i brought up in that thread and no feedback :sorry: 

28 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

i don't know that is possible.... it is the first thing that i brought up in that thread and no feedback :sorry: 

Any method that transfers $5 from you to CGC they will find a way to make work. 

1 hour ago, miraclemet said:

I find taste is the best give away. 

I drink UV chemicals, and then pee on the book.  Works every time.

does anyone or maybe Ze-man if he's still around have any more pictures showing colour touch as I would like to look at it more as I saw some areas but was surprised I couldn't see it on the white backgrounds at all would like to try to get better at spotting it. 

5 minutes ago, kav said:

Home made color touch detector using cell phone

I remember seeing that video a while back lol its cool if your at a rave I guess but I don't think that would really detect colour touch. 

6 minutes ago, kav said:

Home made color touch detector using cell phone

also (thumbsuto crazy Russian hacker I use to stream a video of his before falling asleep before he became all about pushing his crazy sponsors gadgets and saying how awesome they are even when the gadget fails in the video lol 

3 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

I remember seeing that video a while back lol its cool if your at a rave I guess but I don't think that would really detect colour touch. 

Sure it would.  It blocks all light except UV so different inks show up differently.  They use this in forensic document examination.