• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 poor grade PRICE LOWERED

126 posts in this topic

And BTW, kudos to the seller here for taking comments in the spirit in which they were meant, and not flying off the handle as many would. Seems like a good fellow.

+1

:applause:

I'll do a lurker +2! (thumbs u

I am posting a generic mass pm because it is late, I am pooped, and a ton of people have contacted me.

==========================================

Trevor is ok now. A bit tender, but ok.

8 internal stitches, and 10 external staples later.

While jumping on the bed, playing with Ellen, he must have missed the bed entirely..landed head first on our very wide, sharp angled baseboard.

Split his head..wide open.

9 hours later he was home in bed.

I could do without this kind of excitement thank you very much.

The Hospital, and staff itself went beyond my expectations. His wound was serious enough to warrant 3 people looking at it. Trevor handled it like a champ.

A few photos I took from my phone.

DSC04983_zpsa5ee4d55.jpg

DSC04980_zpsb64172c4.jpg

DSC04981_zps72724a4a.jpg

DSC04982_zpse7216ad7.jpg

And a spoiler link of the wound after it was cleaned , if you are not squeamish.

DSC04984_zps0d790598.jpg

Thanks to everybody who wrote, and called tonight, it meant a lot.

I know kids get hurt, they do stoopid stuff. But when you are sitting in a waiting room for hours with your child's head open to the world...it makes one appreciate the little things all the more.

He will be fine, I know that, it's just a flesh wound. But I had no idea how much I took for granted those with the skill to put my kids skull back together again.

Again, thanks to the well wishes.

This ends the worst derailment of a sales thread ever.

And to the OP, seller of the AF 15

I based my opinions on several bad photos last night.

Things just looked weird to me.

For that I apologize, I was wrong to do so.

Detecting resto should be done in person, not in a persons sales thread.

If it helps, I would be happy to pay for shipping both ways and inspect the book for free.

Hope this helps right any wrongs, if possible at this point.

Kenny

And to the OP, seller of the AF 15

I based my opinions on several bad photos last night.

Things just looked weird to me.

For that I apologize, I was wrong to do so.

Detecting resto should be done in person, not in a persons sales thread.

If it helps, I would be happy to pay for shipping both ways and inspect the book for free.

Hope this helps right any wrongs, if possible at this point.

Kenny

After all that has happened - what a wonderful gesture.

Both of you are a credit to these boards.

I hope you son is ok tomorrow.

Kenny

Wonderful to know your son is going to be ok. I work with many young engineers and I know of two who cut their hair short and have a real nice arc scar that shows up at that time. My son has one too. You were the strong supportive dad and I'm not clicking the spoiler photo, I've been there too and once was definately enough.

Kudos to both the Original Poster and yourself for keeping this from becoming a true Friday thread.

My first comment was something with regard to bad photo and lighting, so I hope there is little to no resto. But at least if there is some, it will be well documented with your review.

Merry Christmas two us all and to all a good night.

Really sad for this to happen to anyone kids and hope Trevor will be alright after. I will decline your offer for a exam on it since I am really trying to sell this by christmas if not by the month then. Any book can have resto in a scan ( hard to tell if minor) and I do believe it was the lighting. I apologize for not getting more accurate and closer pics

You seem like a nice guy and you've taken the questions surrounding this book in the thread very well, but I think this is going to be an extremely hard sell for you here with a "no returns" policy when there's a question about whether the book is restored or not. It's just too large of a risk.

Yep.

It needs to be either confirmed as not restored where your pricing is right in line, or shown as restored and priced accordingly to how badly you want to sell it.

A CGC slab would solve your issue but not help you with the timing issues.