• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Denver Comic Con (DCC): May 31, June 1 and 2, 2013 - Denver, Colo.

152 posts in this topic

Trying to talk a couple of friends into making the trip south to Denver for the Con. We'll see.

I still need to get tix! My LCS is in the process of moving so I hope I didn't miss my shot at the discounted rate lol

Has anybody planned a boardie dinner or lunch yet? Is any other boardie going to the comic con concert at the Hard Rock Cafe that Saturday night?

Gotta pass on both sadly as I'm only free for a pre-Con Thursday night jamboree if we had one lol

Will be entertaining family and friends on Saturday in Denver. (thumbs u

This is from the Denver Post...

Marvel Comics icon Stan Lee will not be appearing at Denver Comic Con, news that broke with the event only eight days away

Lee, 90, apologized to fans and Comic Con officials in a statement issued Thursday.

"Just want you to know I'm disappointed as hell that I can't make your Con in Denver this year," Lee said in the statement.

"Something came up in regards to one of my next cameos, and I can't face the fury of all of Marveldom Assembled by not being available for the shoot," he wrote.

Lee, himself, announced he would be attending this year's con in a recorded message played on the closing day of last year's con.

Tickets to meet Lee — priced between $175 to $275 — sold out within two minutes in April as 20,000 people attempted to make a purchase, according to Comic Con officials.

"We share our fans disappointment in this cancellation, but we are working 24 hours a day to make this a kick butt show," Charlie La Greca, co-director of Denver Comic Con told The Denver Post Thursday. "No one can replace Stan 'the man,' but fear not , Denver Comic Con already has another guest lining up that is sure to have fans far and wide just as excited."

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_23309140/stan-lee-cancels-denver-comic-con-appearance&ct=ga&cad=CAcQAhgBIAAoATAAOABA74n6jAVIAVAAWABiBWVuLVVT&cd=reLXLs49DLk&usg=AFQjCNEDLE4Abet-nnl3FX0idUPpwv0fhA

DPO seems to be ahead of DCC's FB feed even as the last post I saw was regarding Stan being MIA. No mention of Shatner. Bummer on Stan. That's pretty incredible though how quickly they replaced him.

Seems fishy that he can make it to Philadelphia, but they absolutely have to shoot a cameo on Sunday, June 2nd. I live in Denver and didn't have to shell out a ton of money to travel or miss work to see Mr. Lee, but I'm imagining not everyone will be as psyched to see Shatner. Oh well. Wheaton bailed last year - DCC is becoming the Con best known for their headliner bailing at the last minute.

Dan

I'll be there Sunday - wasn't planning on seeing Stan ... rather, last year Sunday was the quietest day and easier to spend with the creatives (artists and writers) ...

... if anyone will be around on Sunday, and planning any sorta get-together, I'd love to be a part of it!