• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Denver Comic Con (DCC): May 31, June 1 and 2, 2013 - Denver, Colo.

152 posts in this topic

Had a great time!! :banana: I took second place in the novice category of the costume contest in front of 1600 people onstage. I was a steampunk Green Lantern yesterday and had hundreds of people taking my picture.

Met Dale Roberts today and picked up a nice copy of FF 48 from him.

Talked with J. Scott Campbell for a half hour today while he did a couple of sketches for me. More later. Now off to dinner.

I was there on Friday and Saturday. Man, clearly they were not ready for the Friday crowds.

Busy, busy, busy con. Was lucky enough to get a J Scott Campbell sketch Saturday morning and got a sweet Jon Hughes sketch as well.

Big props to Dale Roberts, who must have pulled down 2 dozen books on Friday for me as I was on the phone with a family member who wanted a few GA/SA books, but couldn't attend. That was patience above and beyond and earned you one (if not two) loyal customers! (thumbs u (worship) . Ended up grabbing a nice copy of ASM 122 for myself (after debating for a couple of hours between that and X-men 101).

I heard yesterday was packed but today (to me) was waaayyyyyy busier than Friday. That place was a zoo today. I had plenty of elbow room on Friday, not today.

Oh, I agree once you got in the doors. Friday was nuts just to get in - more so than on Saturday.

Had a good time at the show yesterday with Jeff (High Voltage) and Donny (who just joined the boards). We all got to go out for lunch with John K Snyder III and Matt Wagner. John is one of the nicest creators I have ever had the privilege to get to know. Matt is a pretty funny guy and it was cool to meet and hang out with him. I will try to post some pics of my commission soon. John knocked it out of the frikkin park.

:whee:(worship)

Photos!

Erin Gray's panel was tremendous. There were about only 20-30 people in there as it started first thing. She was just a delight. Afterwards, I got a picture with her up in the hall.

Erin_Gray_sm.jpg

I was in line with a great Beatrix Kiddo cosplay. Settle down, She's a He.

kiddo1.jpg

Another cosplay - this time The Question.

QuestionSm.jpg

More Sketches!

Black Widow by the same gal that did a killer Storm for me.

black_widow_sketchsm.jpg

A sweet sketch of a Unicorn emerging from a tree.

unicorn_sketchsm.jpg

Finally, another Amy Reeder sketch. This is her new creation - Rocket Girl.

rocketgirl_sketchsm.jpg

In my phone browser all my pics are sideways. At home they are fine. Sorry if you are seeing them sideways.

Your pictures oriented properly, tks for sharing.

Sideways here but no worries.