• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Conan Collection for Sale...

14 posts in this topic

Just an FYI in case this all looks confusing.

SPAM BOY here posted a for sale notice in Marketplace to advertise his Conan books.

Then SPAM BOY goes and SPAMS it to other non-Marketplace forums, hence my comment to this thread.

One of the Mods moved this Conan SPAM thread back to Marketplace.

SPAM BOY somehow thinks he was wronged by my commenting on his SPAM. foreheadslap.gif

Just an FYI in case this all looks confusing.

SPAM BOY here posted a for sale notice in Marketplace to advertise his Conan books.

Then SPAM BOY goes and SPAMS it to other non-Marketplace forums, hence my comment to this thread.

One of the Mods moved this Conan SPAM thread back to Marketplace.

SPAM BOY somehow thinks he was wronged by my commenting on his SPAM. foreheadslap.gif

Actually, nitwit, I'm just sick of reading your negative B.S. I've been on this board for about 3 months and I've yet to read anything positive you've written. What are you, the human equivalent of little man’s disease? Or is it that your mommy didn’t love you enough? Maybe a little Valium? What about a little genitalia enlargement?

I posted my sale in two areas because they seemed to fit into both. I also mentioned it so folks didn't have to read it in both. You responded with some of your normal [!@#%^&^]. Oh, by the way, I don’t have time to deal with you and I won’t be stooping to your low level by responding to you again.

Hey thats a pretty nice run - the only issue I have with the auction is ' a well done Conan movie' foreheadslap.gif Um they already did one and its pretty much classic now. You may have heard of the 2 principles, one was the biggest action star of the 80s and 90s and the other was the Voice of Darth Vader as well as a great stage and screen actor. makepoint.gif

Good luck with your auction.........

You may have heard of the 2 principles, one was the biggest action star of the 80s and 90s and the other was the Voice of Darth Vader as well as a great stage and screen actor.

Well, I don't know if it was that great, but it certainly was made better by an awesome musical score. thumbsup2.gif

Hey thats a pretty nice run - the only issue I have with the auction is ' a well done Conan movie' foreheadslap.gif Um they already did one and its pretty much classic now. You may have heard of the 2 principles, one was the biggest action star of the 80s and 90s and the other was the Voice of Darth Vader as well as a great stage and screen actor. makepoint.gif

Thanks for the wish of good luck. I'm well aware of the past Conan movies. However, I personally did care for them. A little too cheesy for me. I would like to see today’s technology in combination with a well written story through.

Yeah, someone needs to do a screenplay basing Conan on the original Howard version. I don't care which REH story they use, as long as they don't Hollywood it all up like the others. I was such a HUGE Conan fan as a kid, and was let down when the first movie came out & they created a new "origin." What a bummer. frown.gif

Thanks for the wish of good luck. I'm well aware of the past Conan movies. However, I personally did care for them. A little too cheesy for me. I would like to see today’s technology in combination with a well written story through.

893frustrated.gif893whatthe.gif893censored-thumb.gif

I cant believe that I am reading this. Conan the barbarian is probably the greatest comic based movie ever. I cant think of another movie better that it. Cheesy? How?

What is best in life?

I don't know if I'd go so far as to call it a "comic based" movie. Conan was a short story character created in the 1930's by pulp magazine writer Robert E Howard. The comics were pretty much loosely based on these tales for awhile, with Roy Thomas adaptations of most of the material.

The first movie, although good (but a let down for "purists"), was not accurately based on either the comics or the stories. It was a brand new tale of the character with certain story elements thrown in the mix. To call it a "comic based" movie is akin to calling Tarzan flicks "comic based."

Nit picky?

Sure, but take Spider-Man, now THAT is a comic based film. 893blahblah.gif

I posted my sale in two areas because they seemed to fit into both. I also mentioned it so folks didn't have to read it in both.

Go home SPAMBOY!!! sumo.gif

You seem to think it's 100% alright to go SPAMMING your auctions in threads other than Marketplace. If everyone had a brain stem as small as yours, the forum would be unreadable.