• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Help problems with DCBS orders!!!!!!!!!!!!

95 posts in this topic

I buy a lot of new comics online and I have done a lot of ordering with DCBS but, I am having a real problem with my orders. I order the books and normally it is around $200 or so in books each month. But, all my hot titles are canceled by them and I am left to pay for the other books. I had Thief of Thieves, Saga #1 and Peter Panzerfaust #1 all canceled without any notice to me. I am so tired of this happening why should I pay for an order that is incomplete, just so they can re sell them for profit. But, any book not worth the cover price they expect me to pay for. Do not get me wrong I am willing to accept and pay for my full order, but how is it fair to me to make them extra money? It is a win win for them, if the book is hot, they just take my issues and sell them to someone willing to pay more. But, if the book is a dud then they just ship it to me and I pay for it. I pre-order these books so there are no shortage of them and if they are canceled by the supplier no one gets any. Can anyone tell me what can be done about this? I can not continue to have my order picked through so they can make a profit. I ordered like 5 Sagas and 4 Peter Panzerfaust ...I say one sell for over $50 on Ebay just those 4 alone could cover the cost of my complete order! If they want to specutulate on comics why not do it on their own dime.

Thanks in advance

I have not had that happen to me with DCBS orders, but, I have had it happen from another vendor.

I had placed some advanced orders on WD books (92-94) and had them tell me they were cancelled on me. I am not sure how this can happen when they were ordered in advance.

I have had it happen with 3 different books and I am tired of it:

I ordered 5 Saga #1 and got 0

I ordered at least 4 Peter Panzerfaust and got 0... this one is really hard to take because no one gave a care about this book until reports a series was coming out. Then DCBS just takes them out of my order without an email or anything... I am just so sick of it.

There is only one way to solve this I am just going to send the entire shipment back to them. I want complete orders or at least incomplete orders that make sense. I did not even mention the Manhattan Projects #1 that were not shipped. Can you see what all these books have in common the are all HOT. I pick books sometimes I am right and sometimes wrong but no matter I pay for them. But, they just take the Hot ones and leave you holding the bag on the bad ones. Think about how much 3 Peter Panzerausts are worth now or 5 Sagas? or 4 Manhattan Projects on Ebay. This is no joke what they are doing is serious and I am very mad about it.

Jeffro, I plan to but I would like something done about what has happened. Please go to Ebay or Amazon and take a look at how much these books are selling for... I plan on not only not doing business with them again but ... sending back the the incomplete orders... It is only non sense to you but it is important to me. I am mad about this... I want other people to know what they did and to be aware.

I would send back the whole order as well - assuming you pre-ordered these by the order deadline there is no excuse. The books you are talking about were not, to my knowledge, short-printed and allocated.

Have you contacted DCBS about this?

I hear your frustration and can understand why you'd be upset, but I've had nothing but good dealings with their customer service. I suggest emailing them and seeing why this is happening.

Also, I seriously doubt that they're selling the books they hold back. They might not get enough books for everyone who orders, but I doubt they short change some customers in an effort to sell those books on the secondary market.

I've had this happen to me by DCBS. Over the year I had over $300 of stuff that I was charged for and never received. I e-mailed and they said they would give me the $300 in store credit. I was pissed. So I called and they agreed to credit my card back for the amount.

I don't buy from them anymore. That's me personally.

Elvis

I ordered at least 4 Peter Panzerfaust and got 0... this one is really hard to take because no one gave a care about this book until reports a series was coming out. Then DCBS just takes them out of my order without an email or anything... I am just so sick of it.

When did you order these books?

When did you order these books?

I was just about to ask that question?

I've been a DCBS customer for 5+ years.

And with those 60 plus orders (12 months a year for 5 years) I've never had a book that I ordered, that the distributor produced on time, not end up in my order.

That includes all the hot ones Saga #1, ToT, Revival, etc etc...

I've heard from them in the past that they fill orders based on when they are submitted, and if the distributor shorts them they fill the orders from oldest to newest (this was part of why I didn't get my Wally Wood Artist Edition until the 2nd printing), and I did wait until the end of the month (which is usually after Diamond deadline, but before their adds/changes window closes).

I've always gotten an email when something in my order changes.

I've gotten emails when a book was un-solicited by the publisher.

I've gotten emails when the book's price change and they asked me if I still wanted it.

I've emailed them on the few occasions that a book was damaged (publishing problem, not shipping problem) and they always respond within a day, and have great customer service.

I'd love to hear more surrounding your order situation that keeps resulting in this occurence, since I've never had a problem ordering the same "hot" books.

Are you saying your book was in your "next shipment" packing list, and then was pulled? Or it was an order that was never fulfilled?

I've had this happen to me by DCBS. Over the year I had over $300 of stuff that I was charged for and never received. I e-mailed and they said they would give me the $300 in store credit. I was pissed. So I called and they agreed to credit my card back for the amount.

Elvis

I typically get an email when a book is cancelled, and the money is credited to a recent order.

Elvis

Again, would love to hear the details.

I know I've preordered a few books that the publishers delayed and delayed and never actually cancelled (so yes it sat there waiting to be fulfilled for multiple years).

I remember the Mouse Guard Over sized B&W Artist type edition sat on my "to be shipped" list for over 2 years (and I asked Petersen about it every year at MotorCityComicon) Production problems in China, shipping problems, starting over, etc...

Is this what happened to you? Were they books that never published? Again, Im just always interested in the details more than the general..

Elvis

I typically get an email when a book is cancelled, and the money is credited to a recent order.

but it does require the book to actually be cancelled by the publisher.. otherwise it just sits on your order... (not that there's anything wrong with that)

I did contact DCBS they said they would not accept the books if I shipped them back. But, I plan to send them anyway. I do not want this incomplete order it is like ordering a steak dinner with a glass of wine ... then someone comes and take the steak and tells you to pay for the rest. Well there is no dinner without the Steak... so I do not wan to pay for any of it. I want to go somewhere else where I can have a complete dinner.