• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Help problems with DCBS orders!!!!!!!!!!!!

95 posts in this topic

Maybe you were blacklisted for being a speculator and taking comics away from someone who wanted to read the comic?

I ordered Saga #1 from dcbs and I got my copy, I ordered every variant for Amazing Spider-man for the last 2 years from them and received all with zero issues. So I guess the Amazing Spider-man #678 variant that sells for over $300 on Ebay is one of those books that dcbs forgot to keep for themselves to make a good profit on.

1. DCBS does have a retail side store... They also have a digital comics site, and a trade site (instocktrades.com) They also do a good con once a year Summit City Comicon in Ft Wayne Indiana (their home base).

2. the owner "Meekler" is actually Cameron Merkler, a pretty nice guy from the times I've interacted with him. Some other good people at DCBS: Zack Kruse (podcast guest, forum member on ComicGeekSpeak), and comic creator, and Carrie (who I've emailed back and forth with many times for service questions).

3. If you are ordering online their default shipping is monthly, and they typically ship in conjunction with the release of the new Previews Catalog. Books you order on their site today are pre-orders. As they come in (and thats on the publishers timeline not DCBS) DCBS starts a box for you, at the end of the month it gets sent off.

NOW HERE's A CAVEAT: If you are not a monthly orderer with them they will wait until your full order is fulfilled before sending it (so if one book in your order is delayed, your shipment is going to wait till they can put it in that box and ship the complete order). So if you want to ensure you are getting a package each month from them, make sure you do a monthly order with them (typically via their website). Their discounts and flat rate shipping have them on such a thin margin they cant send you your order in multiple parts.

Now if you preordered 5 copies of ToT (before the end of month deadline) and the books came, showed up in you "Next Shipment" page online and then suddenly disappeared from that order I'll agree thats odd. If you asked them to put 5 copies in when it came out, they may have taken the order, but they had to fulfil their preorders first, and maybe they didnt have enough extra to fill your non-preordered order, so no books.

Again, you are giving details but not the right ones.

1. For the books you mentioned did you pre-order them at the time of the Diamond Solicitation?

2. Did you order them via the DCBS website?

3. Did they show up on your "unshipped items" on the account page?

4. When the books came out did they then show as part of the "Next shipment" on the account page?

If you did all of that and then they disappeared off of your next shipment list then yep, that sounds shady, and is odd considering I've ordered all of those same books from DCBS and never had one not show up in my monthly shipment.

Oh and you started this thread asking for help, what help are you looking for?

You are right to call yourself Shellhead, why even comment if you do not care...you could be doing something else why even bother responding if you don't care.

lol

You are wrong Captain Paragraph. This is currently my favorite thread. Please continue.

shel, you made me laugh out loud...

Captain Paragraph!

:roflmao:

Yes, I preorder all my books from the DCBS site, the give me a conf. and everything. They have a cut off day during the month after that date you can not pre order for that month, you can also not change your order. The policy states from that point on you have to pay for the ordered items, you can not cancel it. If they cancel something they are supposed to send an email and state why it was canceled. I have received no emails about a canceled book. They are set to be shipped at the beginning of each month. So they pack the books and send them out around the 1st of each month so, I normally receive them around the 4th or 5th. Online it states that it is to be shipped out with my next shipment so I wait but it does not come, it is not on the invoice either it just sits there. It is not placed under unshipped, nor on the invoice ... they just sit in shipped for months but they never come.

Paperheart, you hold the title for incoherent get your thumb out your butt and get a life. We are talking about real issue here no matter if you agree or disagree ... I know it pains you that we are not talking about the next Avengers movie. Why don't you go elsewhere... and post your thoughts.

I was hoping for suggestions on the best way to handle this in the future... I will not be doing business with DCBS in the future but I have had this done to me by others as well but never to this extent. I have been with DCBS longer than 3 years and I will admit I was a big fan and had good relationship with them. I used to email the owner personally to get variants and other information. But, new people have come in and they are after profit at any cost. But, the slimy practices of taking the best comics out and leaving the rest is not fair. If they want the books they should keep the entire order and sell it in the store, but you cant have it both ways. I would them to speculate with their own dime not mine nor yours.

The book you are talking about is a variant, the regular book is selling no where near $300 bucks. That makes a big difference, I am talking about regular issues that have big price tags on Ebay.

But wouldn't such a corrupt company want to keep the variant for themselves to sell a book they get at such a low cost and flip it for over $300 like this one listed on Ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-678-Mary-Jane-Venom-Variant-Cover-/190768457220?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2c6aafa604#ht_926wt_1057

I got my copy for $25.00 from them, they surely would've loved to have flipped these instead of sell it to me, right?

If you really believe this conspiracy is going on, then have them ship books weekly. That way, there's no way for them to know which ones are instantly hot off the shelves. By the time they realize it, your comics are already in the mail to you. I've never had any missing issues. And I've always received emails when an issue is cancelled and/or resolicited.

I didn't know they sell back issues though. That's interesting. I thought it was all pre-order books through Diamond.

Are you still making all your girlfriends read Watchmen? That was probably the most pimp thing I have ever read on these Boards. Glad that you picked up the crack pipe again!

Eh?

The book you are talking about is a variant, the regular book is selling no where near $300 bucks. That makes a big difference, I am talking about regular issues that have big price tags on Ebay.

But wouldn't such a corrupt company want to keep the variant for themselves to sell a book they get at such a low cost and flip it for over $300 like this one listed on Ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-678-Mary-Jane-Venom-Variant-Cover-/190768457220?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2c6aafa604#ht_926wt_1057

I got my copy for $25.00 from them, they surely would've loved to have flipped these instead of sell it to me, right?

...Off topic but I still don't get how that book can be going for that much...

I buy a lot of variants and they work a little different, you are already paying a mark up on a variant, which they probably get for pennies on the dollar. Plus variants a so few that they are normally handled by as seperate person, I used to order them from the owner himself. Variants are much easier to track and plus the book may not have been hot at the time it was sent to you. When I received Chew no one was interested in it same case with Peter Panz which built up after a movie was announced. Tell me this why not fill the darn order why not send the customer what they pay for? You mean to tell me that I miss out on Manhattan Project, Peter Panz, Saga, Thief of Thieves, just to name a few and something is not going on... I ordered at least 4 of everyone of these books and received 0 month after month. Yet, I receive all the duds like , New Deadwardians, Smoke and Mirrors, Alpha Girl I got all them no problem but not one single Hot book. Plus the shipping these books are sitting in shipped but I never receive them for several months... come on help me out here... it is clear what is going on.

Are you still making all your girlfriends read Watchmen? That was probably the most pimp thing I have ever read on these Boards. Glad that you picked up the crack pipe again!

When that movie came out, I chose to go to that movie on "my choice night." Let's just say, I haven't been able to pick a movie since! The dog scene was the icing on the cake for the wifey...