• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Double cover and 1st wrap

10 posts in this topic

Double covers are cool, they turn up occasionally.

Just opened up my copy of X Factor # 245 to read and it was a double cover and first wrap. :o

That's the first time I've encountered one, anyone else got one?

Double covers are cool, they turn up occasionally.

Just opened up my copy of X Factor # 245 to read and it was a double cover and first wrap. :o

That's the first time I've encountered one, anyone else got one?

Double covers are awesome :headbang:

Interesting. I've never seen a doubled up first wrap,, I woulda thought that it was not possible.

As I understand it (From 20+ years ago, lol ) the interior is printed on a broadsheet, which is then folded into signatures of 8 or 16 or 32 pages, usually.

The cover is then put on in a separate process, and the whole thing is stapled and trimmed.

It's easy enough to see how, in a bit sticky print run, an extra cover (Or two or three for that matter) is pulled off the stack and put onto the folded comic. I can't quite see how an extra fold comes in, it would've have had to come from a separate broadsheet and somehow the trimmed out fold was added to the mix.

Anyone with modern printing experience got an answer?

Unless there is a collation process in the modern production I don't see how it was done.

Possibly a fulfillment copy. One taken from a pile of rejects and pieced together to finish out the order. It's put together by hand.

That's my best guess. Not a likely error, but possible.

I'd take a look at it again. There might be more than that one wrap being extra in it.

Possibly a fulfillment copy. One taken from a pile of rejects and pieced together to finish out the order. It's put together by hand.

I'd take a look at it again. There might be more than that one wrap being extra in it.

Or for that matter, a shortage.

Gaz, have you done a page count on that little beauty?

Yeah, I proceeded to read the book as planned and it was completely normal except for the extra wrap and cover.

Not sure if I made it clear with my original post but it has an extra wrap plus an extra cover.