• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay winner and loser

29 posts in this topic

At the risk of offending some here who think I post too often about my auction experiences, here's another post about my auction experiences. (By the way, I enjoy reading about others' experiences, so hopefully there are some who enjoy reading this).

This week I've been watching an Iron Man #1 that, from the pictures, looked to be at least FN+, and maybe VF-. The bidding history was strange. A couple of times this week, one bidder had consecutive bids each time raising the price by about $2. Hmmmmm. Anyway, based on suggestions from other posters, I thought about using bidnapper to enter my highest bid at the last moment. But since I wasn't doing anything else other than watch the Steelers / Cowboys game, I decided to just enter my best bid myself. Also, it seems bidnapper enters bids about 5 minutes before, and based on the history, I didn't want to risk it.

So I wanted to 30 seconds before the end of the auction, and this time my internet didn't go down. In the end, I was able to win the auction for a bit over $220, which I'm happy about. My best price was $245.

Earlier today, I was watching another auction, an Incredible Hulk 104 that looked VF from the pictures. I let that one go; it sold for a bit over $40, which I thought was a fair price for the condition, but more than I wanted to spend for this book.

I like oranges.

Why is there no orange pie? Other fruits get to be made into pies. Why not oranges?

Make one and find out. Orange Meringue is pretty good.

I went to the store today and bought some bananas. They were really green so I'm going to let them sit for awhile before I eat them.
banana024.gif

I like your threads. It's fun to hear when people get new books.

Congrats on the eBay win too. Putting in your max bid close to the end of the listing is really the best way to go. You'll lose some, but you also won't get bid up either.