• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First kickstarter project to launch within days need feedback prior to launch

27 posts in this topic

So took a long break away from the boards had some family stuff happen and such and put other comic book project on hold for a bit now. So I decided to push through with my kids comic book idea. Are the rewards good price? ect

Read the info look it over let me know what you think good/bad i can take it. I trust a lot of your opinions.

Seems pretty fair for prices. I was thinking getting into the comic was steep since Plume was like 100-150 then I realized it was 1 of 1.

Could you maybe toss in a couple be a background character for 50-75? Something that is a little exclusive, costs more, and it available to more than 2 peeps.

Also, what time frame are you going for? Long right?

That seems like a good amount of time. It's so sad when a great project is 15 days total and by the time it's starts to get around it's over and not funded. And not so long as people drop their backed amounts.

Also, would you send international? A lot of backers potentially come from not the US and rarely do they balk if you say $5-10 for shipping.

I'm not in the target audience for your project, so I can't comment on the material. I'll just caution against putting all your hopes in Kickstarter working out.

I will never 'pledge' money for anything on there, even if I like it. There are a lot of stories of unsatisfied users. 2c

Good luck though! I'd definitely think about some sort of digital distribution.

Thanks guys so far I saw the typos but needed to get feedback from you guys too. So i will fix those typos. As far as rewards I think lower is always better I might do a digital print I dont know. I prefer paper and it's more work to print out and ship but hey who cares. Its not about the money for me more about gettin my idea and projcet out and about. OA I might do that but for sure I will add some cheaper awards too. Thanks guys

As far as guys not holding up on kickstarter. I never have had that problem before on my other account. But is what it is thats why I have chose rewards that I can handle and made everything as simple as I can.

do a massive spelling/grammar check. I see quite a few.

Yeah, check it and recheck it. Here's one "You Dropped Your Pocket is a new childrens comic series inspired by Jeremy Griffin" Either change it to inspired by your kids or change the word inspired to written. Also you switch from first to second person narrative a few times, Stick with one or the other.