• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First kickstarter project to launch within days need feedback prior to launch

27 posts in this topic

Right now, I would hire a writer to redo your KickStarter page...

Then, I would seriously consider scrapping the monthly paper copy and going ALL DIGITAL through Comixology. Issues 1 through 5 would be digital. You will save $10,000 in printing and shipping costs then.

Your PAPER TRADE PAPERBACK is the KickStarter end goal.

So I would rework the Kickstarter numbers to print and ship a Trade Paperback... You will make more money from Comixology to offset the costs as well.

Good luck! (thumbs u

I also think it should be less personal when presenting it to the public. I like funny stories about kids and stuff but who wants to see somebody else's family photos?

Just my twocents

I think you need more incentive packages. You need someone to proofread your text.

"all books have been wrote" should read "all books have been written".

"I have choose to go loacal with a local comic book printing comapny" should read "I have chosen to go with a local comic book printing company"

I realize this is a rough draft, but it's hard to overlook such obvious errors and give genuine advice.

You could consider including original artwork as an incentive offer. You could let someone's kid be a background character on a cover and let them own the original art if they buy a higher priced incentive package.

For $10 you could let them have the comic and their name on a credits page.

I suggest looking at the incentive packages that other kickstarter projects are using and incorporating any good ideas you see there.

The art is actually pretty decent considering how simple the artwork. Most pro's would have more a variation in line weights to give the art more depth.

If you plan on using mailer envelopes, count on the comics getting damaged and having unhappy supporters. If people are paying $7, they might be expecting some perfect copies.

Do you have a sponsor from kickstarter? My understanding is that you have to have a sponsor and they can't be sponsoring more than comic project at a time. They may ask for kickbacks/favors/perks as part of the sponsorship. They also get a cut of the money.

DG

Yeah that is why it is a rough draft. I will have it proof read when I fix typos and such. I dont think I have ever shipped anything before in mailer envelopes. If it's $7 or $7,000 I wouldn't want to get a comic book in one. So had no plans of shipping that way.

No sponser for kickstarter.

I have looked at several kickstarter things and well I didnt want to go any of those routes. I dont want to send stickers, bookmarks, shirts ect. It is just not my thing. Plus really some of those things are just that things that amount to very little.

Digital Pdf

Im not to sure about that something about holding paper in my hands means more to me. Even though paper is dying out I dont want to help push that agenda. I know it may hurt in the end not going with the mass's but I will do what I do. It's not about the money for me never really has been. Just want to show the series off.

Trade paperback

The only reason at first we didnt go with this was price. But after a few phone calls today we got the cost at a great price to go that route.

Pictures of other peoples kids?

Well I may not be hitting everyones reading core. But it's mostly geared for kids and kids at heart.

Typos

Yes I know all the typos not to worried about that at all. Im more worried about price ranges for people. Not everyone can spend $100. But most can spend $7, $12, $35 and so on.

Good luck on the idea and project. I just think the whole concept is going to be something that is going to be hard to get off the ground in comic format. This reads more like a children's book and I am not really sure how to market such a thing.