• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Movie Plot Hole Thread

253 posts in this topic

In the first Matrix. When Morpheus brings Neo into the Matrix

to explain to him what it is.

He says: "There are fields...endless fields,

were human beings are no longer born. We are grown.

For the longest time, I wouldn't believe it...and then I saw the

fields with my own eyes. Watch them liquefy the dead, so

they could be fed intravenously to the living."

"Liquefy the dead" So, if they liquefy the dead.

Why did the machines just flush Neo when he was first

awakened in his pod and just dump him a sewer where

he could easily be picked up by Morpheus's ship?? Instead

of putting him through a "shredder / food processor"

on his way down to be liquified into food???

Also, how does Cipher get into the Matrix to talk to the Agent at dinner? You need to have someone to connect/disconnect you.

I asked the same question above. Still, nobody has an answer for it.

The greatest insult ever came from Karate Kid...

"Must be take a worm for a walk week!" ~Bobby

Not so much a plot hole,as much as a pet peeve.

Thousands of westerns involve wagon chases. Robbers chasing a stage coach,

Injuns chasing the stage coach, good guys chasing a runaway wagon with a helpless female on board, ect, ect, ad nauseum..

Why not simply shoot a freakin horse. If it doesn't bring the stage to a halt it would certainly slow it down.

In the Karate Kid, the first one, with Ralph Macchio as Daniel-san, the big climactic tournament finals with Daniel vs. Johnny.

The rules are: You can hit the head, sternum, kidneys, and ribs, and you need three points to win.

After the score is tied two to two, Johnny punches Daniel in the head.

Game over. Johnny wins.

Daniel can't do his crane kick because he already lost on the head punch.

Earlier in the tourney a player is disqualified for "excess or deliberate contact". They obviously saw Johnny's punch to the side of the head as excessive enough to not allow the point.

Oh and :censored: Johnny.

The greatest plot summary of the Karate Kid ever. :acclaim:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?345154-The-Karate-Kid-A-defense-of-Johnny-Lawrence-and-why-Daniel-LaRusso-was-a-jerk-and-the-real-antagonist-of-the-film

Very funny stuff, thanks for sharing (worship)

Obi Won says he doesn't recall owning a droid. He seems pretty close to R2 in the first three movies?
That was Ben Kenobi who said he didn't recall owning a droid.

And...Ben and Obi are two different people? Or maybe he didn't technically ever "own" R2D2? Or maybe there are a ton of plot holes that make zero sense. (shrug)

Obi Won says he doesn't recall owning a droid. He seems pretty close to R2 in the first three movies?

And...Ben and Obi are two different people? Or maybe he didn't technically ever "own" R2D2? Or maybe there are a ton of plot holes that make zero sense. (shrug)

He didn't want to reveal at that time he was Obi Wan. Duh. :screwy:

He didn't want to reveal at that time he was Obi Won. Duh. :screwy:

Obi Won was just being coy.

He probably never outright "owned" a droid.

Remember it wasn't really him, just a jedi ghost or something all along in the first movie.

That's why he "vanished" when Vader kills him in the light saber duel.

In Spider-Man 3, it was bad enough the Sandman was on the run and conveniently took time to stop at a nuclear testing facility to become his "titular" self. But, the alien symbiote crash landing near Peter & MJ's date and tagging along after. :facepalm:

Amazing coincidences.

Why do aliens know English well enough to speak it fluently? Even if they don't know English, and we get alien subtitles - like in District 9 - why do they have words that are equivalent to English words?

I mean, on whatever planet the Prawns came from - why do they call a 'gun' a 'gun'? Or use the word 'escape' to mean what we define as 'escape'?

Language is not like math, where it is derivative from a universal constant.

Orrrrrr is it? hm

That's so the dumbasses in the audience know what's going on.

Why do aliens know English well enough to speak it fluently? Even if they don't know English, and we get alien subtitles - like in District 9 - why do they have words that are equivalent to English words?

I mean, on whatever planet the Prawns came from - why do they call a 'gun' a 'gun'? Or use the word 'escape' to mean what we define as 'escape'?

Language is not like math, where it is derivative from a universal constant.

Orrrrrr is it? hm

That's so the dumbasses in the audience know what's going on.

If the aliens can build a ship suitable for space travel, I'm pretty sure they can build a universal translator. :gossip:

Plus, I like the fact that dumbasses isn't spooned.

^^

Jedi ghost?!? :screwy::screwy:

OK, OK, you want some fancier term...

The material essence of some kind of Jedi astral projection of a departed soul into the realm of the living.

:eyeroll: