• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Movie Plot Hole Thread

253 posts in this topic

Ok, I will bite. I have always had a problem with "Revenge of the Sith". Yoda gets a premonition of an attack on himself due to order 66 because of the attack on the Jedi temple, but not the death of 4 members of the Jedi Council including Mace Windu at Palpatine's hand. Nothing. Leaf blowing in the wind. Nor Anakin turning to the dark side in the first place. Nada. Some jedi.

Dan

The first second of "Battlefield Earth" to the last second.

Illiterate humans discover 2000 year old flight simulator that still works, find some 2000 yr old F-15's that still work,fuel them,fly them and beat the nasty aliens who destroyed all of Earths armies in 9 minutes.

This film is unbeatable as having the worst plot in cinematic history.

If you have never seen it, get pizza,pop-corn and enjoy!

Or get totally hammered and its a lot funnier.

Illiterate humans discover 2000 year old flight simulator that still works, find some 2000 yr old F-15's that still work,fuel them,fly them and beat the nasty aliens who destroyed all of Earths armies in 9 minutes.

L. Ron Hubbard. Nuff said.

Book of Eli:

Denzel Washington is an unbelievable assassin. Taking on gangs of people by himself. At the end of the movie it is revealed that he is blind. Worst plot twist ever!

At first I though the same thing. But after watching it again it seems his vision was simply impaired and not totally gone. It was obvious he could see light and dark and shapes.

Also the "blind warrior" is pretty common theme in mythology and literature. It's a metaphor for faith guiding the way and not mortal sight. (thumbs u

Zaitochi the blink swordsman is an excelent example of this

Book of Eli:

Denzel Washington is an unbelievable assassin. Taking on gangs of people by himself. At the end of the movie it is revealed that he is blind. Worst plot twist ever!

At first I though the same thing. But after watching it again it seems his vision was simply impaired and not totally gone. It was obvious he could see light and dark and shapes.

Also the "blind warrior" is pretty common theme in mythology and literature. It's a metaphor for faith guiding the way and not mortal sight. (thumbs u

Zaitochi the blink swordsman is an excelent example of this

In addition, he was being guided by God to deliver a very important book's contents.

If you can't accept that premise as a suspension of disbelief, then the universe of stories with plot holes increases vastly. I wouldn't call it a plot hole, so much as implausible.

Obi Won says he doesn't recall owning a droid. He seems pretty close to R2 in the first three movies?
That was Ben Kenobi who said he didn't recall owning a droid.

And...Ben and Obi are two different people? Or maybe he didn't technically ever "own" R2D2? Or maybe there are a ton of plot holes that make zero sense. (shrug)

He didn't want to reveal at that time he was Obi Won. Duh. :screwy:

Obi Won was just being coy.

He probably never outright "owned" a droid.

Remember it wasn't really him, just a jedi ghost or something all along in the first movie.

That's why he "vanished" when Vader kills him in the light saber duel.

That's filling in a lot of holes that didn't originally need filling. Funny how the original sticks out like a sore thumb that way huh.

Obi Won says he doesn't recall owning a droid. He seems pretty close to R2 in the first three movies?

And...Ben and Obi are two different people? Or maybe he didn't technically ever "own" R2D2? Or maybe there are a ton of plot holes that make zero sense. (shrug)

Remember it wasn't really him, just a jedi ghost or something all along in the first movie.

That's filling in a lot of holes that didn't originally need filling. Funny how the original sticks out like a sore thumb that way huh.

It does seem like every other scene in the prequels contradicts the original movie. It's telling that the screenplays credited solely to Lucas are the least consistent.

It does seem like every other scene in the prequels contradicts the original movie. It's telling that the screenplays credited solely to Lucas are the least consistent.

The sequels don't get a pass either :sumo:

Ahhh you missed mentioning the best part.

or maybe the worst,but it did almost get me and a buddy kicked out of the theater for laughing too hard.

The race of aliens are called Psychlos.

At two thirds of the film a guy gets beamed to their homeworld to set off

a nuke.

When they cut to the homeworld,the caption says,

Planet Psychlo.

:roflmao:

No difference between the name of the inhabitants and the planet itself.

Earthlings.

From planet Earthling.

:grin:

Superman 2

How the hell do Clark and Lois get from the Fortress to civilization?

Problem: neither is dressed for arctic weather; there's an icy lake outside the fortress; Lois is a city gal, unfamiliar with the wild; Clark is human for the first time, and never once has experienced any sign of human frailty. Um, how do they survive, let alone make it to a one way car rental place in the north?

Lost world Jurassic Park

The crew -- on a ship carrying only a tyrannosaurus rex -- has been found eaten. However, since the T-rex was being held inside a massive cargo hold the whole time, how did it get out and kill everybody?

At the end of the movie, Superman (Christopher Reeve) races to save a small town from being destroyed by a dam, preventing him from stopping Lois Lane from dying in a car accident. The Man of Steel then flies around the earth, making the planet rotate in the opposite direction, thereby reversing time and giving him the opportunity to save Lois. What's never addressed is the fact that Superman never went back to save the small town from the crashing dam. (Not as super as you thought he was, eh?)

Why didn't Superman just keep spinning the Earth backwards further to before Lex puts the Kryptonite on him before he launches the rockets?

In the Green Mile Tom Hankes and the mouse live forever. Wouldn't the wardens wife too? She's never mentioned.

Independence Day - How did they upload the alien virus to the mothership? Alien USB port perhaps?

The Matrix - Why did the computers choose 1999 as the year for the computer generated world? Why not 1930 when humans weren't too tech savvy so they couldn't rebel?

In the first Matrix. When Morpheus brings Neo into the Matrix

to explain to him what it is.

He says: "There are fields...endless fields,

were human beings are no longer born. We are grown.

For the longest time, I wouldn't believe it...and then I saw the

fields with my own eyes. Watch them liquefy the dead, so

they could be fed intravenously to the living."

"Liquefy the dead" So, if they liquefy the dead.

Why did the machines just flush Neo when he was first

awakened in his pod and just dump him a sewer where

he could easily be picked up Morpheus's ship?? Instead

of putting him through a "shredder / food processor"

on his way down to be liquified into food???

I took it that the Nebuchadnezzar crew had hacked his pod once he removed himself from the Matrix.

Doesn't that flying mechanical spider-thing come and unscrew his neck plug-in dealio?

In the first Matrix. When Morpheus brings Neo into the Matrix

to explain to him what it is.

He says: "There are fields...endless fields,

were human beings are no longer born. We are grown.

For the longest time, I wouldn't believe it...and then I saw the

fields with my own eyes. Watch them liquefy the dead, so

they could be fed intravenously to the living."

"Liquefy the dead" So, if they liquefy the dead.

Why did the machines just flush Neo when he was first

awakened in his pod and just dump him a sewer where

he could easily be picked up Morpheus's ship?? Instead

of putting him through a "shredder / food processor"

on his way down to be liquified into food???

I took it that the Nebuchadnezzar crew had hacked his pod once he removed himself from the Matrix.

Doesn't that flying mechanical spider-thing come and unscrew his neck plug-in dealio?

Neo wasn't dead. Hence, not liquefied. Rejects of the system get flushed. They end up in Zion. Morpheus withholds the information regarding the existence of Zion from Neo in the first movie.

Why didn't Superman just keep spinning the Earth backwards further to before Lex puts the Kryptonite on him before he launches the rockets?

In the Green Mile Tom Hankes and the mouse live forever. Wouldn't the wardens wife too? She's never mentioned.

The whole scene is ridiculous. Watching it as a six year old at the time I knew it would not be possible.

If he tried it the whole earth would go to pot - the poles would shift, gravity would change it would destroy earth.

Also the fact he is willing to do this for one woman I thought was very selfish and not the actions of a true hero. If he had stopped Luthor earlier none of this would have happened.

Now, despite what others thing about it, I love Citizen Kane but the movie starts off with a HUGE problem. The entire movie is centered around reporters trying to figure out "who" Rosebud is or what it means.

Not one single person was there to hear his final word before he drops the snow globe at the beginning of the film.

Transformers - If the Decepticons could hack into the Pentagon, why not hack into eBay and buy the glasses that have the map to the All Spark?

now..call me crazy, but....why not just bid on them and buy them (shrug)