• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Movie Plot Hole Thread

253 posts in this topic

Love the Lord of the Rings films. Then a boardie posted this insanely logical observation:

Why didn't they just fly the giant eagle to Mount Doom?

hm:facepalm:

Still enjoy the films, but damn. lol

I always thought they had to walk to avoid detection by the eye. It would see the big giant eagle and send a dragon riding dude after them.

Star Wars: There are light speed ships, planet sized Death Stars, artificial intelligence androids, planets of intelligent life, but apparently no email or internet, as Leia has to send the hologram in R2D2 instead of simply uploading it.

So you wanted her to upload the secret Death Star Plans where anyone could get it, thus revealing the rebel plan?

That would be like Seal Team Six posting their mission parameters on facebook.

Back to the Future 2..Biff goes back to the 50's to change the future (which he does), but returns to an unchanged "normal" future in the 2000s where Marty and Doc still are, but when THEY go back to the 80s, the then present.is now all jacked up....wtf????

Was that not shown when old Biff ends up fading out of the future showing that something happened in the tangent time line where Biff would have died by some incident and thus never making it to old age.

But its a bit flimsy either way you look at it.

No, when Biff goes back to the future, he goes back to the future he came from, the same one where Doc, Marty, and his girlfriend are still at, not the then altered future that would have been completely different from Biff being a millionaire...had they never shown Biff getting out of the Deloriane to 'return' it without anyone noticing, maybe it would have been cool. Had Biff gone to the altered future, Marty and Doc aaaaaand his girlfriend would never have gotten the Delorian and it would have been a parallel future, yet not the same one...."oh look, Biff's cane"... hm

Independence Day. The world is saved because the aliens are Mac-compatible.

Hahaha - man that has bugged me for years (being in IT). The amazing part is they actually show the step where the team is "connecting to host." It would have been one thing to gloss over that, but to SHOW the networking - hahahaha. :makepoint:

Shawshank Redemption: Andy escapes by tunneling through solid rock behind a poster of the babe of the month. When he escapes, he puts the poster back up. From inside the tunnel.

Love the Lord of the Rings films. Then a boardie posted this insanely logical observation:

Why didn't they just fly the giant eagle to Mount Doom?

hm:facepalm:

Still enjoy the films, but damn. lol

I always thought they had to walk to avoid detection by the eye. It would see the big giant eagle and send a dragon riding dude after them.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/SW1nkEYDHQFw0

Star Wars: There are light speed ships, planet sized Death Stars, artificial intelligence androids, planets of intelligent life, but apparently no email or internet, as Leia has to send the hologram in R2D2 instead of simply uploading it.

So you wanted her to upload the secret Death Star Plans where anyone could get it, thus revealing the rebel plan?

How about the fact that practically anyone can hack a mainframe computer like if it was no big deal......

How about the fact that practically anyone can hack a mainframe computer like if it was no big deal......

12 year olds do it all the time.

In 12 Monkeys, when Bruce Willy's character returns to the future from 1990, he hears a decoded recording from his Psychiatrist from 1996, yet doesn't go 1996, until his third trip to the past; so he heard a message from the past, that he made happen in the future, before he ever made it happen to THAT future, before going back TO his known present future....it didn't make any sense..

Shawshank Redemption: Andy escapes by tunneling through solid rock behind a poster of the babe of the month. When he escapes, he puts the poster back up. From inside the tunnel.

The poster is stuck to the wall by the top corners. He lifted the bottom of the poster and crawled through. The poster fell back down behind him. :gossip:

Another quibble with Star Wars….

In Revenge of the Sith we are led to believe that Anakin killed children…. For me, there is no way back from that, no way of redemption from killing children. Lucas dropped the ball on that one.

That has never sat well with me and made me view the final scene of ROTJ completely differently afterwards. Now I am like "BURN VADER... BURN!!!"

The prequels were all lame. I was expecting to see him become Vader sooner in ROTS. Then hunt down Jedi like Obi-Wan said, not go to the Jedi temple to kill kids. I expected him to go around killing grown Jedi's similar to the Force Unleashed game.

In 12 Monkeys, when Bruce Willy's character returns to the future from 1990, he hears a decoded recording from his Psychiatrist from 1996, yet doesn't go 1996, until his third trip to the past; so he heard a message from the past, that he made happen in the future, before he ever made it happen to THAT future, before going back TO his known present future....it didn't make any sense..

Paradox.

I like to call this thread, "Nerds with too much time."

Speaking of Nerds...in Revenge of the Nerds, wouldn't the nerds have gotten kicked out of school or even arrested for distributing illegal nude photos of a fellow female class member??

Or raping another classmate?

^^ Didnt think of that one.

The bigger plot hole is that prisoners tend to get moved around, not allowed to stay in one cell for decades.

I like to call this thread, "Nerds with too much time."

Speaking of Nerds...in Revenge of the Nerds, wouldn't the nerds have gotten kicked out of school or even arrested for distributing illegal nude photos of a fellow female class member??

Or raping another classmate?

In Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein, Dr. Frankenstein's laboratory is an abandoned watchtower miles away from his home. In Son of Frankenstein, the lab is now located across the street from Castle Frankenstein. That always pissed me off.

I would love it if all my favorite movies would grade 9.8, or at least 9.6 .

However close examination usually reveals spine ticks, small stains, rubbing, and the occasional color breaking crease.

Why can’t these great movie-makers ever get it right? :)