• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Movie Plot Hole Thread

253 posts in this topic

Love the Lord of the Rings films. Then a boardie posted this insanely logical observation:

Why didn't they just fly the giant eagle to Mount Doom?

hm:facepalm:

Still enjoy the films, but damn. lol

This is so true in all respects.

The giant eagles aren't of "animal" intelligence. They are supposed to be intelligent beings, so they would probably be very susceptible to the ring. Eagles are attracted to shiny things naturally...I'd think that if one knew it was carrying the ring than it would shred Frodo to bits in a split second to get the ring.

Unleash your inner quibbles movie lovers.

In Terminator Salvation why doesn't Skynet just kill Connor's father (Kyle Reese) when they have him imprisoned instead of waiting for Connor to turn up and kill him?

Just watched it again but I still like the film.

The ridiculous heart transplant scene at the end of the film guarantees I will never watch it again.

Love the Lord of the Rings films. Then a boardie posted this insanely logical observation:

The giant eagles aren't of "animal" intelligence. They are supposed to be intelligent beings, so they would probably be very susceptible to the ring. Eagles are attracted to shiny things naturally...I'd think that if one knew it was carrying the ring than it would shred Frodo to bits in a split second to get the ring.

The question was answered in the book. The question wasn't answered in the movie.

The Eagles had an aversion to Orcs/Goblins, plus they had their own business to take care of.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/SW1nkEYDHQFw0

Back to the Future 2..Biff goes back to the 50's to change the future (which he does), but returns to an unchanged "normal" future in the 2000s where Marty and Doc still are, but when THEY go back to the 80s, the then present.is now all jacked up....wtf????

Was that not shown when old Biff ends up fading out of the future showing that something happened in the tangent time line where Biff would have died by some incident and thus never making it to old age.

But its a bit flimsy either way you look at it.

Unleash your inner quibbles movie lovers.

In Terminator Salvation why doesn't Skynet just kill Connor's father (Kyle Reese) when they have him imprisoned instead of waiting for Connor to turn up and kill him?

Just watched it again but I still like the film.

The ridiculous heart transplant scene at the end of the film guarantees I will never watch it again.

It was unnecessary, I agree.

Skyfall - How did Bond survive being shot and falling into a river?? How the F did Bardem get out of a well guarded cell?? If Bond can easily get into M's apartment without her knowing, why couldn't Bardem do it and kidnap her??

I need to see Skyfall again. It kinda fell apart after they got to the dilapidated old house and Hagrid was there, waiting all that time to greet them. After that it just seemed like a Straw Dogs remake or something.

The first two Craig Bonds were outstanding. Need to see that 3rd again...

In The Empire Strikes Back, how does Luke learn to be (mostly) a Jedi in the same time it took Han and company to fly from one planet, evade the Empire, and then get captured by Boba Fett?

Strong, Force-filled mitochondria, or whatever they're called. (shrug)

In Harry Potter, once time turners are introduced, why doesn't someone just take one back to when Voldemort was a kid and kill him before he goes to Hogwarts?

It's only restriction that it's for short term time travel and it's only used in one movie/book. Would have been handy a number of times. It's given back to McGonagall at the end of the book. A large supply of Time-Turners is kept at the Ministry, as seen in Order of the Phoenix; however, during the events of that book, a glass-fronted cabinet containing the Time-Turners is destroyed. Due to their time-affecting properties, the cabinet is seen to fall, shatter and repair itself repeatedly. In Half-Blood Prince, Hermione references an article in The Daily Prophet which stated that "the entire stock of Ministry Time-Turners" was destroyed during that incident.

Book of Eli:

Denzel Washington is an unbelievable assassin. Taking on gangs of people by himself. At the end of the movie it is revealed that he is blind. Worst plot twist ever!

Don't ever read Daredevil or you may drink the Drano.

Book of Eli:

Denzel Washington is an unbelievable assassin. Taking on gangs of people by himself. At the end of the movie it is revealed that he is blind. Worst plot twist ever!

Walking by faith.

Daredevil.

;)

Book of Eli:

Don't ever read Daredevil or you may drink the Drano.

Beat me to it.

(worship)

I like to call this thread, "Nerds with too much time."

Speaking of Nerds...in Revenge of the Nerds, wouldn't the nerds have gotten kicked out of school or even arrested for distributing illegal nude photos of a fellow female class member??

This is a criticism (fair one, I think) that I have heard for many years. My problem isn't that the Eagles don't do this, but that they DO show up as often as they do to "save the say".

Tolkein used them as a deux ex eaglea too often.