• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Short lived 70's books, the good the bad and the ugly.

53 posts in this topic

Good to see Sword of Sorcery getting some love. That's one I recommend to customers quite often. We could mention Blitzkrieg too, a title Jenette Kahn supposedly canceled PDQ after taking power.

Didn't Creig Flessel do something on one of the issues of Prez? I think it's his last comic book credit or something.

And don't dis lady cop--cool book and I believe inspired by a true crime. Really brutal comic actually.

Don't ask me why I have this complete series already scanned, but as a kid I always enjoyed it. I was very excited that the were bringing Simonsons Manhunter back & really enjoyed the reintro of Captain Comet. Throw in the Darkseid connection & the book had a lot going for it. The occasional Buckles covers were also top notch for DC during this period.

secsoc1.jpg

secsoc2.jpg

secsoc3.jpg

secsoc4.jpg

secsoc5.jpg

secsoc6.jpg

secs0c7.jpg

secs0c8.jpg

secsoc9.jpg

secsoc10.jpg

secsoc11.jpg

secs0c12.jpg

secsoc13.jpg

secsoc14.jpg

secsoc15.jpg

secretsocspec.jpg

Goodbye Wendy and Marvin, Hello Wonder Twins

Battle royale - most annoying character. Gleek,Wonder Dog, or Scrappy Doo.

Sort of represents the best of the worst of the 1970s, full of kitch nostalgia.

scan0269.jpg

I, for one, am thankful that these weirdass comics exist. :cloud9: Joe Simon was not afraid to take the latest social phenomenon (18 year old vote - Prez, Hippie culture - Brother Power) and turn it into a comic.

Viva la 70s!!!

I agree...it's both the blessing and curse of the 70s comics I enjoy.

rm1.jpg

I loved this series! Light years ahead of the typical super hero tales it accompanied on the stands! I was Abigail DC collector in this era and I really appreciated the experimentation good and bad. I still have all these bets purchased off the stands with my quarters.

Let's not forget PLOP; the covers alone were worth the price of admission!