• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern Green Arrow 85 (with New (and better) Pictures)

26 posts in this topic

This is my first request for grading help so i'm not sure if i've posted it correctly. helpful hints always accepted! :) I'm trying to figure out how to get my scanner to widen out a bit so it won't crop the edges. let me know if I should post better scans. there is a chip or 2 on the right side of the cover.

it lays flat, I am wondering if a pressing might help the grade.

SCAN0057.jpg

SCAN0058.jpg

SCAN0059.jpg

Hello!

Saw your comment about this being your first request for grading help and I thought I could direct you to some answers.

1. A person using the screen name Hado has posted a GOOD 'how to' which you can get

if you look down the 1st page of this post. It is titled "Welcome to PGM!" by Hado.

Save it; it is really good. Be sure to read page 2 and 3 where other member tell you how to enlarge your pictures. You may need to use the old PhotoBucket to follow along with their direction. I just started awhile back and it was very helpful.

(This article may go have gone to page 2 depending on how many posts come in...)

2. To widen out your pages, put a piece of colored paper behind your book before scanning.

I use green; I have used yellow and it do not give aa clear image of the outside edges of the book.

3. It looks like you moved your pictures in PhotoBucket after uploading to this post, That maybe why they say 'Sorry' or deleted. They get a new address each time you move them.

Hope this helps, and Welcome to the boards! :applause:

James

8.0/8.5 I think the covers are too dirty to grade any higher.
that would be something that a cleaning & press would help...right?

Tough to say 8.5/9.0, I do have 9.0's with more spine issues but they're cleaner. Nice book (thumbs u

P.S welcome to the PGM

Thx

I've been learning a *lot* here It's been an education. :grin: It's fun taking my collecting to the next level. I've been lusting after this book for a while-

8.0/8.5 I think the covers are too dirty to grade any higher.
that would be something that a cleaning & press would help...right?

Tough to say 8.5/9.0, I do have 9.0's with more spine issues but they're cleaner. Nice book (thumbs u

P.S welcome to the PGM

Thx

I've been learning a *lot* here It's been an education. :grin: It's fun taking my collecting to the next level. I've been lusting after this book for a while-

I don't know if a press would help much. You would have to figure if it was worth it to get it cleaned.

I don't know if a press would help much. You would have to figure if it was worth it to get it cleaned.

I think I'm gonna have Matt/Classics Inc. take a look at it. This run has emotional significance for me. I bought my first copy on 10th & 1st ave in NYC when it came out. It stuck with me threw the years, so I'm not so much worried abt making my $$ back but in having a good copy for my collection.

I also may get Adams sig & go for a yellow lable...

Clean and sub this bad mamma jamma and let us know
it may take a while but I'll dig this thread up & post pics & the final grade.

I don't recommend opening high grade books as much as you did for the pic. BTW, I have a daughter named Alyssa.
thx, yeah, i wasn't thinking clearly. I wanted to show the interior color.

bet, i was 'alyssa' before she was 'alyssa'. I didn't meet another 'alyssa' till i was in my early 30's. ;)

Is that bottom staple discolored / rusty or is it just a shadow?
that's a touch of rust...

My uneducated gut says it's a 8.0 but that's based on only having 3 books slabbed. It's nice to know I'm not far off. I'm hoping with a little bit of work (pressing, cleaning) to up the grade to 8.5 or 9.0.

Thank you guys! this is a wonderful resource..If there's something I can do sdcc related, let me know.

A rusty staple may drop the grade a bit but if it's only slight it still may hold in the 7.5 / 8.0 range.

I'm not positive on that though...

Great story about buying it off the newsstand! :)