• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man #1 value

30 posts in this topic

Recent sales are like $1250-1500.

You should join gpanalysis.com and will get ALL the sales into you could set want. You can ask once or twice before people will get on your case BIGTIME about ponying up and paying for the info (thumbs u

Thanks for the info, guys. Can I also ask you the current value of an Incredible Hulk #2 CGC 4.0? It was in the same order of my ASM #1. I tried to check on ebay but didn't find any listing for this grade.

Last sale was $721, but I believe that to be an outlier. I think the true value of that books is btw 550 and 600 bucks based on appearance and PQ.

Yeah, tape on the cover is definitely a deal breaker for me. Then again, I don't mind miswraps and actually LOVE date stamps so to each their own (shrug)

Dont mind miswraps?

LOVE date stamps?

Mind = blown

:screwy:

Yeah, tape on the cover is definitely a deal breaker for me. Then again, I don't mind miswraps and actually LOVE date stamps so to each their own (shrug)

Dont mind miswraps?

LOVE date stamps?

Mind = blown

:screwy:

A nice, neat date stamp gives a book some character IMO. I love em!

Miswraps? As long as they are minor and straight, I can definitely look past them (shrug)

Off-white to white pages actually, but I'm absolutely chuffed to bits with its grade: the front cover is not in the best shape but the interior is ok and that's probably what bumped it up from the 0.5 I was afraid of, to a 1.5.

It's got to be a mess to get a 0.5. A 1.0 can have all kinds of tape and tears and other major problems. As long as it's mostly complete, they let a lot go for a 1.0. Or its a nice VG to F but with a huge problem could get a 1.0 (but usuallly a 1.5)

So a 1.5 and 1.8 are just those books that can't quite be considered a Good. To me a Good is a pretty nice low grade book with lots of little problems but nothing that would kill it. Sounds like the 1.5 is about right, but a scan would be great when you get it back. here's my copy that I plan on sending in. I grade it a G+ but could see it as a G too.

Curious if you consider yours a superior copy or much worse?

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

It was my first time sending comics to CGC and I know sometimes they can be very strict with their grades so I was quite confident I'd get the 1.0 but not completely sure. Your copy looks nicer than mine, no doubt about that. It looks like at least a 2.0 to me. By the way I'm thinking about selling my copy to upgrade to a 2.0 or at least a nicer 1.8