• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 500 spoilers!!!!

24 posts in this topic

I just wanted to mention that this is the first copy of Avengers I've bought off the stands since #232. Before that it was issue #200.

As for the issue itself, I think Bendis got tired of people complaining that there wasn't enough action in his books, so he decided to give people a heart attack by piling it on 27_laughing.gif It was paced like a Hong Kong movie from the late 80s and had a higher percentage of action. I'm happy I picked it up.

Wasn't the Vision already dead? She may be up for murder AFTERWARDS since she's all hulked out and on a rampage.

That's a long, long, LONG way from her characterization in her, excellent, solo series.

I wasn't crazy about the idea of Bendis writing the Avengers... but wow, this issue was pretty darn good.

The Vision being ripped in half... enh, only because I anticipate that he will be brought back by another writer in the future. During Byrne's run on West Coast Avengers, Pym reconstructed the Vision from basically being torn apart then, so it's certainly possible.

Wizard this month ran an ad where Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, the Wasp and Yellowjacket are featured stating one of these four will die.

Personally, my money is on the Scarlet Witch with the demise of the Vision. Although I'd hate to see it.

My friend says that in the new Previews they give away which Avenger dies, and he told me, but I don't know if I believe him (he likes to lie to me). It was not one of the four in the ad. So, if only one Avenger dies in this story, and we don't know for sure that anyone's dead yet, there are lots of possibilities. What I got from reading was:

1) Ant-Man - apparently scorched down to bone but they never got the chance to confirm it.

2) Vision - ripped apart but there's always the chance he could be rebuilt,

3) Wasp - smacked by She-Hulk, that had to hurt,

4) Captain America - Beat up by She-Hulk, and looking at more.

5) She-Hulk - When she's about to drop the truck on Captain America, Captain Britain says "She-Hulk, I don't want to do this," so maybe she cut her head off or something.

6) Jarvis - Cap pointedly says that he considers Jarvis to be an Avenger, so he is a viable target.

One of the most powerful superhero books I've read in a while. Three or four double-page spreads, nice architectural draftmanship, tense atmospherics, and excellent shot selection, Finch really cut loose. When the Vision's quinjet hit the mansion it was a little reminiscent of 9/11, like after one huge attack, ANOTHER. Most comic book villains don't schedule attacks in waves.

The other interesting thing going on was Tony Stark being apparently drunk even though he said he hadn't had a drink. I thought Tony being in armor addressing the UN was odd, especially when he started ranting, but I guess that explains why. And that was before the attack on the mansion, even.

The statues in the garden where Jack of Hearts was, can anyone ID them? That could be a convenient way to get in all of the Avengers who ever were without actually giving them parts.

And who were the people on the last page? A man and woman we assume are talking about the attacks, so we assume they orchestrated them, though the woman is in charge. Could be Madame Hydra? That would make a nice bookend with the opening scene.

Yeah, I think I'll pick it up next month.

Wizard this month ran an ad where Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, the Wasp and Yellowjacket are featured stating one of these four will die.

Okay, since Pym is needed to rebuild the Vision (again!), then the obvious choice would be:

Wasp!!

Okay, since Pym is needed to rebuild the Vision (again!), then the obvious choice would be:

Wasp!!

I'd go with the Wasp as well as she is the lamest of all those characters noted. However, it will be interesting to see how they revamp the Vision. I say he will be new and improved.

However, it will be interesting to see how they revamp the Vision. I say he will be new and improved.

Apologies to Star Trek:

Wanda: What I want now is gentleness, and joy, and love - from you, Data - you are fully functional, aren't you?

Vision: Of course, but -

Wanda: HOW fully functional?

Vision: In every way, of course. I am programmed in multiple techniques, a broad variety of pleasuring.

"Wizard this month ran an ad where Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, the Wasp and Yellowjacket are featured stating one of these four will die."

Uh OH!! Wasn't there a female Yellowjacket impersonator sometime this passed year. Either she could be taking over the name or it's all a trick and she's the target.

Thanks for the pic, but did I deny the existance of the female Yellowjacket?

The Wizard ad pictures Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Wasp and the MALE Yellowjacket and says that one the four is going to die. The female Yellowjacket, long departed (I think she joined the Guardians of the Galaxy) was not shown.

Thanks for the pic, but did I deny the existance of the female Yellowjacket?

The Wizard ad pictures Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Wasp and the MALE Yellowjacket and says that one the four is going to die. The female Yellowjacket, long departed (I think she joined the Guardians of the Galaxy) was not shown.

Didn't realize that it was that long ago...or what had happened to her.

I seem to remember her stowing aboard the Guardians' ship when they were in the 20th century (during Acts of Vengeance?) after they stopped Doctor Octopus' attempted invasion of Avengers Mansion. She ended up joining the team in the future and I can't think of any appearances of the character after the GOTG series was cancelled.

Speaking of gender changes. Has there been a Major Marvel character that hasn't changed genders. I'm not tlaking the same person, I'm talking the character idea.

Thor has.

Captain America has

Spider-man has

Hulk has

Speaking of gender changes. Has there been a Major Marvel character that hasn't changed genders. I'm not tlaking the same person, I'm talking the character idea.

Thor has.

Captain America has

Spider-man has

Hulk has

Jean Grey.

Colossus.

Ghost Rider.

Black Goliath.

Reed Richards.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I thought there was a female Ghost Rider at one time in some book. Could be wrong.

I also wouldn't consider the others, major characters, they never had a title of their own. Black Goliath 27_laughing.gif