• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Holy pouches!!!

I know this one has shot up in price for 9.8 copies, but look what's now a $550+ book in CGC 9.6...WOW. The latest sale for a 9.6 OWW copy was $388, but then this happened today...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xmarvel+spotlight+32+cgc+9.6&_nkw=marvel+spotlight+32+cgc+9.6&_sacat=0

Advertising your book? Looks like a $250 book to me.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=marvel+spotlight+32+cgc+9.6&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Or $200 more with a Stan Lee sig.

Check the links again Sherlock

Thanks Watson. Please check my link that shows sold and paid for auctions.

It seems that sometimes you post solely for the sake of argument. (shrug) The books sold for $560 and $580. They are valid sales, and valid data points.

What books that sold for $560 and $580? Check the links in my quote.

From your link

Thanks, yes, that is listed today. It was not yesterday when I posted it. As I said I think it only shows when the buyer has paid.

Congrats to the seller! :applause:

Edited by ygogolak

Ugh! I so hate it when people put the other key numbers in the title to attract views. I avoid people that do it no matter how cool the book is.

Ugh! I so hate it when people put the other key numbers in the title to attract views. I avoid people that do it no matter how cool the book is.

It is keyword spamming, and eBay doesn't care anymore.

I cant stand it

I regularly report listings that do that, it is SO annoying and just wastes everyone's time. I mean I know they don't check auctions for obvious keyword spam, but do you think they don't act on it when brought to their attention? I guess that certainly wouldn't shock me but hope that's not the case :frustrated:

I regularly report listings that do that, it is SO annoying and just wastes everyone's time. I mean I know they don't check auctions for obvious keyword spam, but do you think they don't act on it when brought to their attention? I guess that certainly wouldn't shock me but hope that's not the case :frustrated:

So do I. What about when a listing puts CGC 9.6 (not 9.8)? Grinds my gears...