• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Maybe, from what i gather it's the movie , tv and toy rights . Someone on here has to know?

Have they ever used the Captain Universe persona in an animated cartoon?

Besides someone knowing for sure, if they did that, it would make one believe that marvel owns the rights.

Just doing a little digging and I noticed there was a Captain Universe/Cosmic Spiderman toy released by Diamond Select in 2008 as part of their miniatures sets.

That's a toy right?

Edit: I also found a spiderman video game that used Captain Universe/Cosmic spiderman.

The real problem with the idea of a " Persona" is who actually owns it. Can Marvel Own all rights Cosmic Spiderman while some Asian toy company Owns all rights to Captain Marvel persona?

Edited by Silverdream

Captain Universe was created by Mantlo and Golden, he wasn't a Micronauts toy line related character. Worth a shot from the buck bins right?

On that 70's line of thinking, what other oddballs would Gunn throw into the movie? Moondragon, Killraven, Bloodstone, Woodgod??

Edited by Lonzilla

Captain Universe was created by Mantlo and Golden, he wasn't a Micronauts toy line related character. Worth a shot from the buck bins right?

On that 70's line of thinking, what other oddballs would Gunn throw into the movie? Moondragon, Killraven, Bloodstone, Woodgod??

hm

hm

hmhm

hm

hmhm

I bet on Bloodstone:

photo_zpsfdb57a8c.jpg

hm

hmhm

hmhmhm

There was a captain marvel 18 in the comiclink auction. Seemed like a high price to me, but not surprising considering the importance of the book in regards to the character. I know everyone has been banking on copies of Ms. Marvel 1. I just don't see how it is more important than MSH 13 or even Captain Marvel 18 now that the movie is calling her Captain Marvel.

There was a captain marvel 18 in the comiclink auction. Seemed like a high price to me, but not surprising considering the importance of the book in regards to the character. I know everyone has been banking on copies of Ms. Marvel 1. I just don't see how it is more important than MSH 13 or even Captain Marvel 18 now that the movie is calling her Captain Marvel.

Well, if you go back and read both of them, you'd realize what carppy books they were in the first place. MM #1 was an event, a 70's event, but an event nonetheless.