• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

:eek:

Now there's a book I never expected to ever be worth anything. Don't get me wrong, I love War Is Hell #9, but that's because War Is Hell is a great series and that issue is the first appearance of John Kowalski.

I had my copy signed by Chris Claremont last year and he looked at me like I had two heads when I asked him to sign it instead of the millionth copy of Wolverine #1 or whatever.

Plus first appearance of Death, the love-interest of Thanos...

:baiting:

Impressive sales for the past few Jimmy Olsen #134 high graded books.

9.4 +60% from last sale

8.5 +89%

Congrat on board-seller

Those are strong moves. But, if WWBN 32 can go for crazy money, JO 134 should too.

Looking at the latest 8.5 and 9.2 sales, I guess that means my 9.0 is now a $1000 book? Wow, that has moved up fast.

The current action on ASM #129 is amazing as well.

Now there's a book I never expected to ever be worth anything. Don't get me wrong, I love War Is Hell #9, but that's because War Is Hell is a great series and that issue is the first appearance of John Kowalski.

I had my copy signed by Chris Claremont last year and he looked at me like I had two heads when I asked him to sign it instead of the millionth copy of Wolverine #1 or whatever.

Is that true?

I thought Death was going to be in the Doc Strange novie.

Anyway, WIH 9 has been a money book for years.

Impressive sales for the past few Jimmy Olsen #134 high graded books.

9.4 +60% from last sale

8.5 +89%

Congrat on board-seller

Those are strong moves. But, if WWBN 32 can go for crazy money, JO 134 should too.

Looking at the latest 8.5 and 9.2 sales, I guess that means my 9.0 is now a $1000 book? Wow, that has moved up fast.

The current action on ASM #129 is amazing as well.

Where was the 9.4 sale?

EDIT: Don't worry I found it.

Edited by The-Collector

Is that true?

first mistress death is captain marvel 26, not WIH 9, not even close

Is that true?

Luckily, I am currently selling both #shameless

But I always thought the first Death was in WIH 9...

Is that true?

That is the first death.

As far a movie speculation goes, there is a woman version of death who was most prominent in the Infinity Gauntlet series. Her first appearance was Captain Marvel 26.

Is that true?

That is the first death.

As far a movie speculation goes, there is a woman version of death who was most prominent in the Infinity Gauntlet series. Her first appearance was Captain Marvel 26.

The speculation can go either way as this link with a qoute and image posted on Twitter by the director of Doctor Strange, shows....

http://screencrush.com/doctor-strange-death/

Captain Marvel 26 is certainly the book you want concerning death.

On another movie note...Thor 132 (1st Ego) and 133 (1st full Ego) have skyrocketed in price since the announcement of Kurt Russell playing the character.

Prices on this book are to high to make a sound investment at this point but really "who cares".

The market must been run by those that do not even actually read comics.

Peter Quills father is obviously Ego Prime who is the humanoid version of Ego the living planet.

Thor 199 is the book that will shine and there are nice raw's to be found at good prices.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this? Am I missing something?

captain marvel 26 I believe was published before WIH 9 anways wasn't it

Captain Marvel #26 was May 1973. War is Hell #9 was Oct. 1974 so you are correct. (thumbs u

Yes, but CM 26 has waaaaay more going for it than death . . . :grin:

Captain Marvel 26 is certainly the book you want concerning death.

On another movie note...Thor 132 (1st Ego) and 133 (1st full Ego) have skyrocketed in price since the announcement of Kurt Russell playing the character.

Prices on this book are to high to make a sound investment at this point but really "who cares".

The market must been run by those that do not even actually read comics.

Peter Quills father is obviously Ego Prime who is the humanoid version of Ego the living planet.

Thor 199 is the book that will shine and there are nice raw's to be found at good prices.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this? Am I missing something?

Based on these photos of his costume, I would say he is definitely a planet hm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/24/comic-con-2016-check-out-kurt-russells-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-costume

I don't know how a planet fits into that suit but whatever. I feel they went way out there with this Ego being Starlords father thing, and it won't resonate into sustained back issue speculation.

With that being said, I have faith in Marvel and Gunn to make it enjoyable.

I don't know how a planet fits into that suit but whatever. I feel they went way out there with this Ego being Starlords father thing, and it won't resonate into sustained back issue speculation.

With that being said, I have faith in Marvel and Gunn to make it enjoyable.

Already has (shrug)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=thor%20132&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

it has been broken out in OPG for a long time I believe

Very busy with my day job.

Folks on this site have a day job? :shy:

Yea, get your priorities in order.

1. Comics

2. Everything else.

Sometimes this lawyer thing can be very time consuming. I know Matt Murdock managed to maintain a law practice (poorly) while battling bad guys all the time, but alas, in the real world there is a lot more drudgery involved.