• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

One of the worst Hulk annuals, and one of the worst stories by David Anthony Kraft, IIRC. And I do love anything related to Warlock.

I don’t even know if I kept it, if not it’s the right moment to get rid of it.

Well I actually found a copy in my box that I didn't even know I had!

I love it when that happens! :cool:

Incredible Hulk Annual #6 is getting some love on today's news. Last NM copy to sell was a slabbed 9.6 back in March for ~$35.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INCREDIBLE-HULK-ANNUAL-6-FIRST-PARAGON-WARLOCK-COCOON-1977-/311624335326?hash=item488e41ffde:g:uGUAAOSwepZXTfPq

doh! Should've held.

My 9.8 only sold for $90 at auction a couple months back after trying to get substantially more on the Clink exchange. It was only one of 2 on the census I believe. Ouch! Should have left it on the exchange. I had a feeling it would be relevant with all the Warlock buzz.

dumb*ss

Looks like 8 and counting. Lot's more copies in the cue I am sure.

Marvel Two-In-One #61

btw, this is a BA book. It is not, I repeat, NOT a Modern book. :grin:

Oh for 's sake. Really? Kismet? You've got to be kidding.

At this point essentially ANY new character is worth holding onto.

When Amazing Spider-Man 172 becomes a key - that's when we bail.

No love for Rocket Racer? (shrug)lol

Marvel Two-In-One #61

Only if there's a team-up with Big Wheel, otherwise it would be a bit lame.

Marvel Two-In-One #61

Only if there's a team-up with Big Wheel, otherwise it would be a bit lame.

Now there's a Spider-Man movie I would go see

Incredible Hulk Annual #6 is getting some love on today's news. Last NM copy to sell was a slabbed 9.6 back in March for ~$35.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INCREDIBLE-HULK-ANNUAL-6-FIRST-PARAGON-WARLOCK-COCOON-1977-/311624335326?hash=item488e41ffde:g:uGUAAOSwepZXTfPq

doh! Should've held.

My 9.8 only sold for $90 at auction a couple months back after trying to get substantially more on the Clink exchange. It was only one of 2 on the census I believe. Ouch! Should have left it on the exchange. I had a feeling it would be relevant with all the Warlock buzz.

dumb*ss

You can't win em all. I sold a raw Batman 251 on the boards several years back. I graded it at 9.0. The person who bought it slabbed it and it came back 9.6. :tonofbricks: Do you know what a 9.6 Batman 251 goes for these days?

Also sold my Iron Man 55 before it went bonkers. Ah well, que sera sera

doh! Should've held.

dumb*ss

You can't win em all. I sold a raw Batman 251 on the boards several years back. I graded it at 9.0. The person who bought it slabbed it and it came back 9.6. :tonofbricks: Do you know what a 9.6 Batman 251 goes for these days?

Dork

I’ve quickly re-read Hulk Annual #6 and I can confirm that is not one of David Anthony Kraft's best stories (at least to a good degree).

The only think which makes me keep it is that in the story is revealed (retroactively) that "Him" did not kill the scientists, but rather just banished them in a faraway place elsewhere in the cosmos, which is a thing I quite like as it’s how I always saw their "disappearance" (i.e. "Him" not killing them).

The "Paragon" character is embarassing, and so are his features which remind ancient Egypt (at a glance, in my ignorant eyes). There was a reason for which "Him" had these physical features and it‘s evident: I’d be curious to know why Kraft or Trimpe choose to give "Paragon" these features.

doh! Should've held.

dumb*ss

Dork

I held on to the Batman 232. It's at least a 9.6

doh! Should've held.

dumb*ss

Dork

Wasn't the 251 that gift 9.6 that you sold to nik? (shrug)

doh! Should've held.

dumb*ss

Dork

Wasn't the 251 that gift 9.6 that you sold to nik? (shrug)

Yup

Tweeted out by DC plus being mentioned and shown in the main article about his death on CNN and probably elsewhere...book is going to fetch stupid prices over the next few days.

doh! Should've held.

dumb*ss

When my wife decided we were getting a house, I sold a Batman 251 CGC 9.6 and an IM 55 CGC 9.4 to defray the moving costs well before those books really blew up, so I feel your pain :cry:

doh! Should've held.

dumb*ss

When my wife decided we were getting a house, I sold a Batman 251 CGC 9.6 and an IM 55 CGC 9.4 to defray the moving costs well before those books really blew up, so I feel your pain :cry:

Same here, but you DID get the house, right? :grin: