• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Interesting. That is quite the team behind it already. Maybe this dog will hunt after all?

It makes sense - DC needed an answer to Luke Cage and Black Lightning is a natural choice.

Interesting. That is quite the team behind it already. Maybe this dog will hunt after all?

It makes sense - DC needed an answer to Luke Cage and Black Lightning is a natural choice.

Wished they us Static instead. They're both similar power wise, but since Static had an animated show I think it would of been more popular since more people would be familiar with the character.

Wished they us Static instead. They're both similar power wise, but since Static had an animated show I think it would of been more popular since more people would be familiar with the character.

Not to go off topic but Static is still a heavily speculated title

Wouldn't they first see if he is a popular guest appearance guy in flash/green arrow/supergirl first?

This is a pretty obscure character.

Heck, when he was in the Superfriends in the late 70s they weren't even allowed to use his name for some reason and called him Black Vulcan.

Wouldn't they first see if he is a popular guest appearance guy in flash/green arrow/supergirl first?

This is a pretty obscure character.

Heck, when he was in the Superfriends in the late 70s they weren't even allowed to use his name for some reason and called him Black Vulcan.

I wouldnt call Black Lightning obscure more than I would, say, Wonder Twins.. And look at how much their first appearance is going for.

TV show or not, this character is well known among people my age, I loved BL as a kid, more than I did Black Panther or Luke Cage, which I think were the only 3 major black characters on the DC/Marvel universe... Even Falcon didnt have his own title in the 70s.

Why did Black Lightning not receive as much attention is beyond me

The wonder twins are the scrappy doo of the super friends . hated them!

Sorry, but he is pretty obscure. Has never been able to hold up a title, etc. That's why he was a punchline in the SNL skit where he (played by Sinbad) is turned away from Superman's funeral because nobody knows who he is:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/supermans-funeral/n10343

I have fond memories of Black Lightning because they were pushing him hard in the 40-cent comic era, right when I started reading DCs as a kid. He may not have had a regular title for long, but he was a regular backup feature in the dollar-format Detective Comics (some great sleazy depictions of late-70s NYC), and popped up seemingly every other month in Brave and the Bold and DC Comics Presents. Look forward to seeing what they can do with him!

Black Lightning was an interesting character, however electricity powers never made for a great hero. The Wonder Twins bumped fists and have formed an Eagle with a bucket of water and would have doused him every time. meh powers.

Speaking of Luke.

Cage #19. Great cover and great blue color. Along with a cool villain, Cottonmouth. I believe the main villain of this show.

I have fond memories of Black Lightning because they were pushing him hard in the 40-cent comic era, right when I started reading DCs as a kid. He may not have had a regular title for long, but he was a regular backup feature in the dollar-format Detective Comics (some great sleazy depictions of late-70s NYC), and popped up seemingly every other month in Brave and the Bold and DC Comics Presents. Look forward to seeing what they can do with him!

I was a Marvel Zombie in the 70s and 80s other than NTT and an occasional cool looking Batman.

black lightening :sick:

Luke cage is so much better, Netflix show will kick some major :censored:

That's the problem, isn't it? The trailer looks incredible. A lot of potential overlap between the concepts... going to be tough to compete with that.

I was a Marvel Zombie in the 70s and 80s other than NTT and an occasional cool looking Batman.

NTT... :cloud9: If you were going to make exceptions, those were the ones to make.