• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2017 at 11:31 AM, ygogolak said:

Nice, book has doubled in the past 2 1/2 years. Looks like the high this year was $1,700.

Only got a Marvel Special Edition 15 in 9.6 so probably not much movement in that grade.

Edited by musicmeta
more clarity

On 12/8/2017 at 11:37 AM, Lazyboy said:

If you don't want spoilers for recent or upcoming character appearances in movies and/or TV, I don't know what you're doing reading any of the "heating up" threads. (shrug)

Agh. I see your point I guess. 

I'm just anti-spoiler for the most part, and they're usually fairly avoidable. This instance it's not something that's been advertised and had until that point been something I hadn't really thought about. If Jigsaw had popped up as Jigsaw in the early episodes it wouldn't have really mattered as much. It's more that I feel like the cool twist of the character reveal is ruined now, and it's just weak sauce to me. It seems obvious now, but it would have been nice to have gotten to see it on the screen rather than have it ruined in a comic thread. It's more that a plot twist is being spoiled and less that a character making an appearance was spoiled. That's the distinction for me.  A spoiler tag would have been appropriate. It's a fairly long first season, and it hasn't been out that long, so a little consideration on that front would have been cool. 

On 12/10/2017 at 2:25 PM, Real Elijah Snow said:

Agh. I see your point I guess. 

I'm just anti-spoiler for the most part, and they're usually fairly avoidable. This instance it's not something that's been advertised and had until that point been something I hadn't really thought about. If Jigsaw had popped up as Jigsaw in the early episodes it wouldn't have really mattered as much. It's more that I feel like the cool twist of the character reveal is ruined now, and it's just weak sauce to me. It seems obvious now, but it would have been nice to have gotten to see it on the screen rather than have it ruined in a comic thread. It's more that a plot twist is being spoiled and less that a character making an appearance was spoiled. That's the distinction for me.  A spoiler tag would have been appropriate. It's a fairly long first season, and it hasn't been out that long, so a little consideration on that front would have been cool. 

The characters name didnt give it away?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Giant-Size-Spider-Man-4-CGC-9-2-1975-DOUBLE-COVER-3rd-Punisher-G11-140-1-cm/292381108015?hash=item441345a72f:g:bRAAAOSwjyhaPdvv

I'm not sure what to make of that..... A double cover square bound book? and "never glued on"? 

Does that mean they just sent in a loose cover with the book and "double cover" printed on the CGC form?

5 hours ago, herc2000 said:

I've had a couple of square bound double covers, and the outside cover has always been loose.

Interesting, I wonder how CGC determines that the loose cover belongs with that particular book you sent in....

I mean is it identifiable, like staples would be?

14 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Interesting, I wonder how CGC determines that the loose cover belongs with that particular book you sent in....

Vee hav vays . . .B|

On 12/29/2017 at 10:38 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Don't know for sure but I'm thinking that the loose outer cover being wrapped around the book has the same factory cuts as the rest of the book. Hard to duplicate that with another cover. Just my thought.

5 hours ago, Jayman said:

Don't know for sure but I'm thinking that the loose outer cover being wrapped around the book has the same factory cuts as the rest of the book. Hard to duplicate that with another cover. Just my thought.

This, but it's "presumed innocent" until proven guilty . . . kinda like the NFL replay rule: "enough evidence to overturn the ruling on the field.":grin:

I've seen plenty of square bound books on ebay that are double cover but are purple lable. To me it is kind of a myth double cover, same as a myth of a Mark Jeweler Insert Squarebound.

I have Mark Jeweler ASM: 129, 134, 135, and I would love a Giant Size Spider-Man 4 with the MJI.

The craziness of a "double cover squarebound book" is playing my emotions :insane:

5 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've seen plenty of square bound books on ebay that are double cover but are purple lable. To me it is kind of a myth double cover, same as a myth of a Mark Jeweler Insert Squarebound.

I have Mark Jeweler ASM: 129, 134, 135, and I would love a Giant Size Spider-Man 4 with the MJI.

The craziness of a "double cover squarebound book" is playing my emotions :insane:

I have a bunch of inserts.   Make your own ?

8 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Some blue label double cover squarebounds:

Giant Size Spider-Man 4 CGC 9.2 blue

Shazam 13 CGC 9.0 blue

Avengers 93 CGC 8.5 blue

Marvel Triple Action 1 CGC 9.6 blue

Super Team Family 1 CGC 9.6 blue

Batman Family 1 CGC 9.4

Shazam 12 CGC 9.8 blue

Fantastic Four Annual 2 CGC 8.5 blue