• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Ghost of Christmas Past

19 posts in this topic

Post your favorite comic related vintage Christmas pics.

This is Dice celebrating Christmas 1974 style at the age of 6.

Megos were my passion, and I had every known Star Trek and superhero doll.

The bridge playset was the Shizzle. :cloud9:

Spinwelder was a great toy but a little over my head at that age.

Dad ended up building it for me after much persuasion. :cool:

Yes. I'm rocking the Romita Spidey shirt. :headbang:

133015.jpg.6c516637964d66d160b23f1a6e04896e.jpg

133016.jpg.07f4074c6727650dd0bc158f7626b7a5.jpg

So young. So innocent. What went wrong?

That is one awesome chair by the way. (worship)

This was at Grandma's house. She had that same furniture until the late '90s. :facepalm:

This is the only one I have handy. Pontoon as a young lad, somewhere around 75-76 (I think.) I'm sporting a Mead notebook paper iron-on Spidey t-shirt. Can't see any of the gifts well enough to figure out what they are. Wallpaper is velvet flock. Portrait of my sisters and I up on the wall is currently hanging in my home.

Speaking of Dice and his grandma's chair - I had the chair in the photo until about 8 years ago when I moved in with the missus. It was sad and I still regret pitching it, but I didn't have any options at the time.

Richxmas.jpg

Ok,very cute nostalgia moment.Romita for the win.

First picture,if you move straight above the green gift box by the tree,there seems to be a cartoon thingy hanging there.

Remember what it was ?

First picture,if you move straight above the green gift box by the tree,there seems to be a cartoon thingy hanging there.

Remember what it was ?

I don't know which thingy you're talking about. (shrug)

Remember what it was ?

the green christmas ornament thingy? ???

Remember what it was ?

the green christmas ornament thingy? ???

The green thingy with cotton on top is a paper stocking I made in school.

The purple thingy above that, I can't remember. Possibly Grimace, but I can't remember.

I want to know what time it was when you were opening presents. There is a clock on the wall, tell us! Also, that's a great owl, do you remember who manufactured it? I'd like to get one. Did you have a sister? Is that her hair clamp on the floor or is that a spare part for a Bump-n-Go Ambulance? DId you just get a cat? Because I can see a scratching post mounted to the wall near the curtain, and I would guess only a kitten may be able to jump that high to utilize it. Did your dad take his shoes off in front of the TV? Is that why there is a welcome mat there? You have two things plugged into the electrical outlet behind the TV. One is the TV, do you know what the other one was? Was it perhaps a electronic football game? Do you remember?

I want to know what time it was when you were opening presents. There is a clock on the wall, tell us! Also, that's a great owl, do you remember who manufactured it? I'd like to get one. Did you have a sister? Is that her hair clamp on the floor or is that a spare part for a Bump-n-Go Ambulance? DId you just get a cat? Because I can see a scratching post mounted to the wall near the curtain, and I would guess only a kitten may be able to jump that high to utilize it. Did your dad take his shoes off in front of the TV? Is that why there is a welcome mat there? You have two things plugged into the electrical outlet behind the TV. One is the TV, do you know what the other one was? Was it perhaps a electronic football game? Do you remember?

:baiting:

:baiting:

:whee:

I also Lol'd at this.

I also Lol'd at this.

:(

I also Lol'd at this.

I wrote that using Kenneth Parcell's voice in my head.