• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Think This ebay seller is dead wrong!

179 posts in this topic

Just a possibility to think of while you are here...you wrote "thing" instead of "think"...I'm pretty sure you are human and it was an honest error.

The seller is most probably also human and just might have made an honest error. Either that, or he might not consider a scratch on a case a defect, most people off of this board probably don't get too upset about things like scratches on cases...and he might not have known it would upset someone....

There are of course terrible people on eBay as there are everyone else...but usually, they are not the ones who offer refunds.

If I had gotten that book, I might have suggested (if it was not in the description or a picture) that the seller might try and include those details the next time, because it might bother some people.

Personally, before I found this board, I never would have even have thought to look for scratches on cases as being a possible issue...which is why I have an old All Star Comic in a scratched case...I bought it that way, and it never really occurred to me that it was an issue for people, I just thought the book was cool..

Sorry you had to pay the postage...you might be able to get it back from eBay.

Here is the item number for the ones who think that was the main point of all this. 12345screwyou

:roflmao:

If I said anything disparaging about themoe, I take it all back.

Here is the item number for the ones who think that was the main point of all this. 12345screwyou

Does anyone think the main point was to roast the seller? Because I don't think that will happen :shrug:

Perhaps he IS the seller and all this is reverse psychology.

Didn't think of that eh guys... :kidaround:

Personally, before I found this board, I never would have even have thought to look for scratches on cases as being a possible issue...which is why I have an old All Star Comic in a scratched case...I bought it that way, and it never really occurred to me that it was an issue for people, I just thought the book was cool.. Sorry you had to pay the postage...you might be able to get it back from eBay.

Why you gotta go and get all sensible with your response? Takes all the fun out of things, this whole "down to earth" junk and "level-headed" gunk. Where is the phun?

Personally, before I found this board, I never would have even have thought to look for scratches on cases as being a possible issue...which is why I have an old All Star Comic in a scratched case...I bought it that way, and it never really occurred to me that it was an issue for people, I just thought the book was cool.. Sorry you had to pay the postage...you might be able to get it back from eBay.

Why you gotta go and get all sensible with your response? Takes all the fun out of things, this whole "down to earth" junk and "level-headed" gunk. Where is the phun?

I'm sorry, lol...I must have been tired...

Have fun;)

I'm sorry, lol...I must have been tired...

Have fun;)

Hardly appropriate Comics General behavior, Sha. Try harder.

I think that comic sellers on eBay should be as forthcoming about their items as possible, including the condition of the slab on a graded comic. Leave it up to the person who is thinking about buying the item to decide how much certain details matter to them.
Like have the slab graded?

No, nothing like that. I suppose I should have been more specific. I was talking about major defects, like cracks or deep scratches that obscure the view of the comic or large chips. On the other hand, I have seen numerous little imperfections in slabs, such as little particles, tiny discolorations, or light scratches that do not considerably affect the viewing quality of the comic. I don't think that buyers should make a big deal out of such imperfections because the comic really is more important than the slab. However, the slab does cost money to replace...