• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Batmans

55 posts in this topic

Am I only one that thinks some of these books sold for way more then there true market value. I cannot believe the prices on the Batman 62, 65 and 69. The 62 with the horrible miswrap and the crease in the upper RHC should never on its best day been graded a 9.4 yet is sells for $7,900! Whatever happened to eye appeal. While I think CGC is great in a lot of ways when people are blind to obvious apparent defects I really wonder where the hobby is headed. Oh well buy the label and not the book. 893frustrated.gif

I made serious bids for the Batman 42, 44, 68, and 73. I went to 1400 for the 68 and 2300 for the 73 (both way over guide!) and lost on both counts. I guess it is official, I have been priced out of the market!

confused.gifforeheadslap.gif

You should have bid on the 68 from the Nappa Collection it was nicer and I don't think it even was over $1,400. If you really want a 44 Metro has one for $980 which is a little more than the one that sold in auction but it's the same grade and it doesn't look like it has writing.

I made serious bids for the Batman 42, 44, 68, and 73. I went to 1400 for the 68 and 2300 for the 73 (both way over guide!) and lost on both counts. I guess it is official, I have been priced out of the market!

confused.gifforeheadslap.gif

I have to say congrats to Steve and the Link for such fantastic sales. I too watched as many of these books went for prices that I found to be rather aggressive. I didn't make a serious bid for anything as I would agree that your numbers for the 68 and the 73 (tow books I also bid on) were WAY over even 9.2 guide.

For me, I'm going to build some cash now and to pick up some cheap fillers and original art for a while. It's definitely still fun to look though!

DAM

I think it is funny that you are taking that approach as that has been my approach recently. Pick up a few fillers and then focus on original art. I have found that original art can be quite affordable if you stay away from the Ditko, Adams, Lee, and Kirby stuff.

I think it is funny that you are taking that approach as that has been my approach recently. Pick up a few fillers and then focus on original art. I have found that original art can be quite affordable if you stay away from the Ditko, Adams, Lee, and Kirby stuff.

I have a few things on the back burner with the original art but will share once the deals are sealed. In the meantime, feel free to look at my site with all my original art:

http://www.dam60.web1000.com

I think I am also going to go for a run of World's Finest. I really do love thos Superman and Batman team ups and in low grade they can't sell for anything! That means some great reading for me . . .

I will say that the good stuff keeps getting more pricey and the cheaper stuff keeps getting cheaper in terms of both relative value and absolute dollars.

DAM

The results really supprised me. I thought three nice books sold for strong but reasonable prices (the #s 3, 6, and 11). Many books sold for much higher than the market had indicated before. I was close on a couple and way off on several others, ended up empty handed. Certainly congrats to Steve and ComicLink.

The real shocker for me is what some of the 9.4 issues are listed for in the For Sale section: #20 CGC 9.4 for $13,500 and #25 CGC 9.4 for $16,750??? WOW. Those are out of this world prices.

Also interesting, with the possible exception of #20 & #25, all the issues with serious covers (the Joker covers, the Catwoman covers and the other non campy non humorous covers) the only CGC 9.4 issues left are the silly cover issues.

Well no supper high grade Batman issues for me for I guess.

I would love to get my hands on some unrestored pre-Robin Detective Comics issues (any grade, and any other than #27 which is on a few sites but out of my range). Does anyone know of any dealers/sites were some of these are available?

Cheers!