• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#@&* ebay seller

108 posts in this topic

NEG him, I won a bronze spiderman statue and the seller said he ended the auction early and ebay screwed up. I responded have ebay contact me explaining their mistake and I would walk away. I never heard from ebay. I waited and gave him a chance to follow thru and neg him . Funny thing I followed the seller and ebay removed my neg. I was never contacted. good luck with the outcome.

This knucklehead eBay Seller will send you a Mutual Cancellation Request. If he hasn't done so already.

REFUSE to agree to cancel the transaction! Then the seller will not get their FVF fees back from eBay.

They will get a policy strike against their Selling Account.

Leave negative feedback. Be factual. Just state Seller did not honor winning bid because he felt it was too low.

Leave low DSRs accross the board. Minimum 3*s.

Report the seller to eBay!

I want to thank you guys for all of the great suggestions.

Modok, you pointed out the one idea that I think could work. I've already paid the $5000 for this artwork. That means Ebay/paypal is going to take their 10%-13% which on this auction amounts to over $500.

I will NOT agree to a "cancel the transaction" request so that means he will not get that $500 back from ebay. And THAT is a nice piece of leverage!!!

I hope the "better deal" he found from the other bidder (which he confirmed to me by the way) is more than $500 more than what I won it for.

If he doesn't change his mind, yes, I will leave a neg for him, but he doesn't have a high overall feedback score so I don't think he will care.

Right now, I have sent him 2 emails trying to change his mind, and thus far I have kept a friendly tone. If I have to send a third then I will unleash the beast lol.

“Seller refused/unable to produce comic on payment. It’s relisted buyer beware”

He was selling it via BIN. He would take the money and then back out with a PP refund. I paid CC, he refunds via bank check. 2-weeks later it bounces. I’m out $975. PP and EBay play the game and their timetables don’t match with the time frame I have to file a chargeback. I just did a chargeback and took the decision making process out of their hands. After the Ed Heaton fiasco, I don’t rely on any of their resolution processes when screwed.

You can get negative feedback removed anyway. I was burned by a seller and Neg'ed him. Two weeks later my negative feedback was gone. How he did it, I have no idea. The seller was running a scam too. EBay seemed to support his method of business. I w

I have suggested this many times. Dont bring your auction issues here till they are resolved either way. The seller can find out about this because somebody on here will email him wanted his side it happens alot. Just complete the transaction either way and then come over here and tell the story. It doesnt give the seller any ammo that way like someone mentioned above. You can out him then.

Just a note though. What seller sells a $15K art piece via auction? Thats absolutely insane.

He was selling it via BIN. He would take the money and then back out with a PP refund. I paid CC, he refunds via bank check. 2-weeks later it bounces. I’m out $975. PP and EBay play the game and their timetables don’t match with the time frame I have to file a chargeback. I just did a chargeback and took the decision making process out of their hands. After the Ed Heaton fiasco, I don’t rely on any of their resolution processes when screwed.

You can get negative feedback removed anyway. I was burned by a seller and Neg'ed him. Two weeks later my negative feedback was gone. How he did it, I have no idea. The seller was running a scam too. EBay seemed to support his method of business. I w

Ed Heaton?Please explain!

What are the options? I have pieces I've been sitting on for years, nice ones, the only way to find the buyers is Brokers that will screw you royally. You have a 15k piece, the Broker tells you he has an offer for 7k. You end up with a little over 5k. Then you find out he really sold it for 13k. Another famous broker just sells it and never sends you money. His attitude: sue me. Artbrokerage will list it, but you need to ship it direct to the seller. Once the seller is happy, they cut you a check. Sounds great in theory. Unless the person on the receiving end says that you mailed them a brick. Good luck getting your 15k piece back.

What are the options?

Just a note though. What seller sells a $15K art piece via auction? Thats absolutely insane.

Modok, you pointed out the one idea that I think could work. I've already paid the $5000 for this artwork. That means Ebay/paypal is going to take their 10%-13% which on this auction amounts to over $500.

I will NOT agree to a "cancel the transaction" request so that means he will not get that $500 back from ebay. And THAT is a nice piece of leverage!!!

I hope the "better deal" he found from the other bidder (which he confirmed to me by the way) is more than $500 more than what I won it for.

If he doesn't change his mind, yes, I will leave a neg for him, but he doesn't have a high overall feedback score so I don't think he will care.

Right now, I have sent him 2 emails trying to change his mind, and thus far I have kept a friendly tone. If I have to send a third then I will unleash the beast lol.

I believe the max ebay selling fee is $250 for an item. If he refunds your paypal money his paypal fees are also reversed.

I sold a $100+ guide 1956 Baby Huey #1 a couple weeks ago for $16. Granted this is not a high demand comic but still should have sold for $50 easily but it got buried in the ebay heap of comic listings. When I sent the winner an invoice I congratulated him on the deal he just got.

Sorry about the problem you're going through. Maybe the seller will do what is right.

Leroy

eBay just sucks on in this area. What is sad is that they have improved a lot from where they were 10 years ago. The bottom line is they don't really care. Putting up with a certain amount of fraud and bad behaviour from both Sellers and Buyers is cheaper than hiring more poeple to police their site. They have a Buyer Protection plan,and they set up rules that are designed to keep the great majority of transactions honest.

The problem is that a rule based system with little human intervention and review is easily gamed by the bad guys. Buyers and sellers.

Reading this from beginning to end you have multiple personal accounts of sellers not fulling sales. Not sending items won (my own experience), refunds that baunce - on and on. And eBay doing nothing. Never mind not kicking the seller off eBay - they don't even let the negative feedback stay on their record. they allow the items in question to be relisted.

Don't think that refusing to cancel the transaction makes any difference other than the near term. If the Buyer refuses to cancel and the Seller still wants to do so, then after a week I think it is kicked up for "review". At which point the Seller may or may not get his fees back. Depends on what eBay decides. And if the Seller sold this item for 10K to someone else he/she isn't going to fret over $500 in fees.

Bottom line is if you buy and/or sell on ebay you just have to take steps to protect yourself. Pay for stuff with a credit card linked to Paypal. If you sell buy insurance for anything you don't want to take a chance on giving away. On really big dollar transactions (over 10K) only deal with the really well establed folks that also sell on ebay. Or insist on using eBays approved escrow service - escrow.com.

And finally - expect an occasional disappointment - in both buying and selling.

Ed Heaton UNRESTORED Flash 123. I want a refund! Pretty much GFY.

Ed-Heaton-54desoto-Flash-123.jpg

?

Ah yes Ed Heaton the king of magic markers.This POS lives in my area.He has sold this book 4 times that I know of.Unrestored my .

Sorry about the hassle.

I believe the max ebay selling fee is $250 for an item. If he refunds your paypal money his paypal fees are also reversed.

I sold a $100+ guide 1956 Baby Huey #1 a couple weeks ago for $16. Granted this is not a high demand comic but still should have sold for $50 easily but it got buried in the ebay heap of comic listings. When I sent the winner an invoice I congratulated him on the deal he just got.

Sorry about the problem you're going through. Maybe the seller will do what is right.

Leroy

Sorry to hear about this Ebay . Maybe he will have a miraculous change of heart but probably you need to write it off and move on (after negging him).

And let us know who the seller is.

Ed Heaton UNRESTORED Flash 123. I want a refund! Pretty much GFY.

Ed-Heaton-54desoto-Flash-123.jpg

?

Ah yes Ed Heaton the king of magic markers.This POS lives in my area.He has sold this book 4 times that I know of.Unrestored my .

Sorry about the hassle.

It's the hand colored variant version...

I have suggested this many times. Dont bring your auction issues here till they are resolved either way. The seller can find out about this because somebody on here will email him wanted his side it happens alot. Just complete the transaction either way and then come over here and tell the story. It doesnt give the seller any ammo that way like someone mentioned above. You can out him then.

This seller only had enough knowledge to know it was valuable, he even mentioned to me that he "thought" it might be worth as high as $7000 (which is super low for this piece). He bought it in 2005 and has obviously not checked current prices for the artist. There are no "price guides" for a lot of art, and galleries don't like to publish current prices on the internet, so it takes some digging to find out values. I called a local gallery friend and he gave me some great info on value. I then checked Heritage Auctions on the off chance they had sold one in the past, and they had, so I felt good about the value being around $15,000. I actually bid $7500 on it, and leapt for joy when I won it at $5000.

When it's resolved I would love to see the piece.

This seller only had enough knowledge to know it was valuable, he even mentioned to me that he "thought" it might be worth as high as $7000 (which is super low for this piece). He bought it in 2005 and has obviously not checked current prices for the artist. There are no "price guides" for a lot of art, and galleries don't like to publish current prices on the internet, so it takes some digging to find out values. I called a local gallery friend and he gave me some great info on value. I then checked Heritage Auctions on the off chance they had sold one in the past, and they had, so I felt good about the value being around $15,000. I actually bid $7500 on it, and leapt for joy when I won it at $5000.

This knucklehead eBay Seller will send you a Mutual Cancellation Request. If he hasn't done so already.

REFUSE to agree to cancel the transaction! Then the seller will not get their FVF fees back from eBay.

They will get a policy strike against their Selling Account.

Leave negative feedback. Be factual. Just state Seller did not honor winning bid because he felt it was too low.

Leave low DSRs accross the board. Minimum 3*s.

Report the seller to eBay!

In whatever communications you have with this Bozo, keep it professional and non-threatening.

Also, he will care when he gets a policy violation for this BS he's pulled on you. His selling account will be in jeopardy if he gets the negative and low DSRs.

At this point, start crafting a well written negative feedback remark which accurately describes what is transpiring. You're more than welcome to PM if you want me to be a sounding board. As an eBay Seller myself, I don't appreciate this type of behavior. You have 60 days from the close of the auction to leave this person a negative feedback remark and low DSRs. You're in no rush.

Has he sent you a Mutual Cancellation Request yet? If not, he will soon. Guaranteed.

Hold off on the negative feedback until the end of the process. That is, when you've received your complete refund. Patience is a virtue. You have time.

Have you thought of offering him more i.e $7-7.5k? or asking him what he wants?

If you really are DESPERATE for the art, it mat be a way around getting the shenanigans of ebay non-action and the seller ignoring your emails.

If I was the seller, I wouldn't give a flying monkey if someone left me a negative feedback - is 1 negative feedback worth $2-$10k?

He admitted in writing that he is not honoring the auction because he got a better offer from somebody who did not bid?

You should call an eBay rep about this and find out what their take is on it. He has violated his contract with eBay and his actions are also a form of fee avoidance.