• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beware of eBayer: bluecoat-boy

21 posts in this topic

This person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed won a couple of my auctions, paid immediately via PayPal, then reversed his payment. Most likely a fraud attempt as has been described on the boards several times. I sent him multiple messages trying to understand why the payment was reversed, but he never responded. However, he did manage to give me negative feedback for "harassing" him on the issue. Sucks!

Beware of this eBayer...but shame on me for allowing someone who set his feedback to private to bid on my items!

If he never actual paid you for the item (as in resent a legit payment) and refuses to pay just call eBay and they will remove the negative once you explain the situation.

Thanks, I will do that. But looks like I have to first settle the open dispute on PayPal.

Few things need to happen 1) remove the negative feedback 2) reverse the final value charge and 3) reverse paypal transaction fee. Sheesh! Thank God I hadn't shipped the books out yet...that would have made things far more complicated!

This person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed won a couple of my auctions, paid immediately via PayPal, then reversed his payment. Most likely a fraud attempt as has been described on the boards several times. I sent him multiple messages trying to understand why the payment was reversed, but he never responded. However, he did manage to give me negative feedback for "harassing" him on the issue. Sucks!

Beware of this eBayer...but shame on me for allowing someone who set his feedback to private to bid on my items!

Ese comprador es un Bastarddo!

Ese comprador es un Bastarddo!

Y un rastrillo.

Man. So much dbaggery on ebay. Sorry you have to deal with it, and sorry for many of us that have no choice but to sell our comics there. :(

+1. Necessary evil...

Very true. OK a bit off topic, but why hasn't anyone launched an auction site completely focused on all things comics? I suppose ComicLink and ComicConnect are alternatives, but those sites primarily list high-end books, am I right? Plus, they usually require that sellers ship the books over to them prior to listing. We need an auction site or let's call it an online market site where people can list anything comic related, including toys - basically, take the entire comics category on eBay and make a new website from it. Also, the site can offer competitive listing fees to lure buyers from the already established services out there. Forget 9-10%, how about 5%. Granted, easier said than done, but I'm sure we have a lot of smart folks on this board...all we need are a couple bad-arse coders, UI expert, and an SEO/SEM person.

Well, in the end, I don't think this will reduce scams as we now experience on eBay, but I do think it is a valuable service that is yet unavailable. Or if it is, please tell me!

Funny, I just had this happen from the same bidder. I had to wait tell the transaction was cancel.

He left me a Negative but it was removed. Your not alone brother !!!

Contact ebay they will remove it.

This person is from the UK. Let's send some Brit's over to kick his can.

Funny, I just had this happen from the same bidder. I had to wait tell the transaction was cancel.

He left me a Negative but it was removed. Your not alone brother !!!

Contact ebay they will remove it.

This person is from the UK. Let's send some Brit's over to kick his can.

The bloody ! You hadn't shipped the books yet, I hope?

Unbelievable response from this d-bag. I have not yet contacted paypal/ebay about this due to all the Christmas hullabaloo, but will today.

From bluecoat-boy:

"This transaction was unauthorised. You need to contact ebay and paypal. You have not sent these books, so do not try to scam monies from me. Paypal need to know from you if you have indeed sent them. If you have , prove it with a tracking number. Trying to scam monies for books that have not even been mailed will not work. "

To be clear, I had not shipped the book, as he reversed payment 5 days after auction ended while I typically ship books Saturday following end of auction (and this is clearly stated in my item description). So I consider myself lucky.

I see that some of you have dealt with this guy and experienced the same thing...has he successfully scammed you?