• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

if i can get one and its proven authentic would you be interested in one?

CGC would only accept it if it were real i hope to submit it would like nice

:screwy:

:makepoint:

So let's see.

You present questions about a book.

You state you'll pay well to get a copy.

Everybody tells you it's a fake.

You state your "sources" have located a copy and that it is real.

Then you ask us if we'd be interested in buying a copy if you can get more of them?

Yeah, this doesn't scream scam or something. :facepalm:

so lets see,

i ask everyone and everyone is sure its a fake

i do sourcing and find out its real

there is little to zero demand on the book, if the price is low ill buy several copies

if you ask around i help lots people on the boards sourcing books

I agree this is a huge scam or this guy is just loopy. No way no one hasn't seen this issue with 500-1000 copies. I've seen more Red Sonja limited print run of 25 around. Plus this book isn't heating up on EBay.

you are right this book is generating ZERO heat on ebay. its not in demand at all.

its just a limited run superman embossed book. nothing more

I will be the first to eat a big bag of crow if I am proven wrong.

Please, prove me wrong.

:grin:

-slym

no worries. im not out to prove anyone wrong. i just like the book because it looks cool.....

ask anyone in the foreign section or HADO or MKILLER if i am a big scammer like Joecgc says.... :hi:

and also my source tells me it is late 1990's so i guess it isnt even Copper

some can call me scammer because i found a cool book? (thumbs u

If you can't find it on Ebay, it's a safe bet that it's not heating up much there.

That said, I'm not sure if it's a fake or not. More power to you if you dig one up. I'd love to see pics of the interior as well as the results of any submission to the CGC....they'd surely get to the bottom of it.

If it is a fake, it may actually have some value as well. There are folks that collect fakes of TMNT and other notorious counterfeits....so I wouldn't count it out either way.

Good luck with your hunt however. I'm sure we'll all be rather interested to see the fruits of your labor.

If you can't find it on Ebay, it's a safe bet that it's not heating up much there.

That said, I'm not sure if it's a fake or not. More power to you if you dig one up. I'd love to see pics of the interior as well as the results of any submission to the CGC....they'd surely get to the bottom of it.

If it is a fake, it may actually have some value as well. There are folks that collect fakes of TMNT and other notorious counterfeits....so I wouldn't count it out either way.

Good luck with your hunt however. I'm sure we'll all be rather interested to see the fruits of your labor.

its not heating up at all. its just a quirky cool looking superman comic....

i am just excited to share. if i was scamming i would be trying to sell it at a crazy high price. plus, scamming doesnt work in the forums, these cats are WAY too smart for that :headbang:

but in order to have supporters you gotta have haters (thumbs u

it is not fake.

it is real ....i wish you were right but you would be wrong....im hot on the trail of one and ill show it ....its real. i cracked a source that confirms it is a real embossed Man of Steel #1 Limited Edition

how can you be so sure it is fake?

im moving along..to getting a copy (thumbs u

I will be the first to eat a big bag of crow if I am proven wrong.

Please, prove me wrong.

:grin:

-slym

no worries. im not out to prove anyone wrong. i just like the book because it looks cool.....

ask anyone in the foreign section or HADO or MKILLER if i am a big scammer like Joecgc says.... :hi:

and also my source tells me it is late 1990's so i guess it isnt even Copper

some can call me scammer because i found a cool book? (thumbs u

First you say your source tells you that it is a limited edition copy of Man of Steel #1.

Then you say your source told you it was from the late 1990's.

Which is it? Man of Steel #1 came out in 1991. It would be a big leap to believe that DC would release this "limited edition" years later.

meh

No you don't.

Right.

Solarcadet, you asked the board for opinions on this book. Plenty of people chimed in with well thought out responses. Now that your "source" has confirmed these as real while you provided no other clear info other than "I may be selling some", we're all a bunch of "haters".

A bunch of boardies, who were researching this book for you, are now very curious about it. Let's hear what you've found out that would confirm it as real. The whole purpose of this was to find out more info. Now that you, the person everyone was doing the legwork for, has reportedly found that info you're not sharing it? Do you understand how that rubs people the wrong way?

.I'm not sure if it's a fake or not. More power to you if you dig one up. I'd love to see pics of the interior as well as the results of any submission to the CGC....they'd surely get to the bottom of it.

+1

I suppose it could be a promo item, or an insert from a Superman themed product. Could even be a foreign product or promo. hm

BUT, this board collectively is pretty knowledgable about such esoterica, so it may be telling that no one here has seen one.

1000 copies, dude that's 5 cases of a book printed some two decades ago and it's never been seen until 2013. :ohnoez:

Even the Defiant Comics "BIRTH OF THE DEFIANT UNIVERSE" has shown up a few times on the forum, and that book is limited to 1,000 copies and tough to track down.

1277449.jpg

Birth of the Defiant Universe was a one-shot presented to retailers at the 6th annual Capital City sales conference. It was touted as being the most expensive comic book format publication for it's time.

It features a translucent paper overlay which wraps a card stock cover. High gloss heavy stock paper was used throughout. These were signed by Jim Shooter and limited to only 1000 copies. The comics were given to retailers with an envelope and a pair of white gloves.

The envelope features a letter which states "DEFIANT! THE GLOVES ARE OFF! (But put these on to preserve this incredible collectors' item!)". In this promotional publication it has the characters of the Defiant Universe introduce themselves in first person dialogue. It has an introduction to the Defiant Universe and it lists the upcoming titles including Truth and Beauty and Mongrel which were never published. Contrary to some online reports, this material was not reprinted. It is not the same content which was published in Defiant Genesis.

A bunch of boardies, who were researching this book for you, are now very curious about it. Let's hear what you've found out that would confirm it as real. The whole purpose of this was to find out more info. Now that you, the person everyone was doing the legwork for, has reportedly found that info you're not sharing it? Do you understand how that rubs people the wrong way?

I definitely want to know more, because all I could find that was close to the symbol layout on a black background was the Man of Steel TPB.

$(KGrHqJ,!owFBY!tqpzjBQor8S4M7w~~60_3.JPG

.I'm not sure if it's a fake or not. More power to you if you dig one up. I'd love to see pics of the interior as well as the results of any submission to the CGC....they'd surely get to the bottom of it.

+1

I suppose it could be a promo item, or an insert from a Superman themed product. Could even be a foreign product or promo. hm

BUT, this board collectively is pretty knowledgable about such esoterica, so it may be telling that no one here has seen one.

+ 2

When I couldn't find any reference to a black embossed Superman book, my first thought was a fake. But I didn't want to give up like that too soon.

That would be a real letdown if this ends up being a ploy to resell copies of this book on the forum.

I definitely want to know more, because all I could find that was close to the symbol layout on a black background was the Man of Steel TPB.

$(KGrHqJ,!owFBY!tqpzjBQor8S4M7w~~60_3.JPG

That's a good reference image for the Man of Steel era argument Bosco. (thumbs u

I'm still in the camp that it's from the Adventures of Superman #500 platinum bagged version. Someone tried cashing in on the demand and bootlegged the issue we're talking about. That's my guess. It would be cool if it's legit, but I sincerely doubt it.

Something else I've noticed:

Why apply foil to the entire 'S'' logo? You would think someone from creative would determine that it looks sloppy and reads more like a diamond than the Superman 'S' logo.

Comparison pics:

mwK6zOy6XeEtY1PY7OddIgQ.jpg

_T2eC16hHJF0E9nmFTMvPBQsjIUDEl_60_12_zpsd1358e76.jpg

1000 copies, dude that's 5 cases of a book printed some two decades ago and it's never been seen until 2013. :ohnoez:

Even the Defiant Comics "BIRTH OF THE DEFIANT UNIVERSE" has shown up a few times on the forum, and that book is limited to 1,000 copies and tough to track down.

1277449.jpg

Birth of the Defiant Universe was a one-shot presented to retailers at the 6th annual Capital City sales conference. It was touted as being the most expensive comic book format publication for it's time.

It features a translucent paper overlay which wraps a card stock cover. High gloss heavy stock paper was used throughout. These were signed by Jim Shooter and limited to only 1000 copies. The comics were given to retailers with an envelope and a pair of white gloves.

The envelope features a letter which states "DEFIANT! THE GLOVES ARE OFF! (But put these on to preserve this incredible collectors' item!)". In this promotional publication it has the characters of the Defiant Universe introduce themselves in first person dialogue. It has an introduction to the Defiant Universe and it lists the upcoming titles including Truth and Beauty and Mongrel which were never published. Contrary to some online reports, this material was not reprinted. It is not the same content which was published in Defiant Genesis.

And collector's have always known about the existence of this Defiant book. A MUCH less significant, collected and publicized "event" comic than any of the Superman events we think this mystery book ties into (MOS & the Death/Return).

People would know about this Superman book already...

No you don't.

Right.

Solarcadet, you asked the board for opinions on this book. Plenty of people chimed in with well thought out responses. Now that your "source" has confirmed these as real while you provided no other clear info other than "I may be selling some", we're all a bunch of "haters".

im waiting on pics and trying secure a deal. The title is Man of Steel i dont know if it has anything to do with 1984 or 1991 version. Once I get pics or physically in my hands I can confirm. Thanks to whoever tried to find it.

1277449.jpg

And collector's have always known about the existence of this Defiant book. A MUCH less significant, collected and publicized "event" comic than any of the Superman events we think this mystery book ties into (MOS & the Death/Return).

People would know about this Superman book already...

Thats a cool book I never seen it. (thumbs u :o

Take this Copper/Modern for instance, not valuable or sought after by any means and not many know it exists...but not one person in this forum has this book. A dealer in Denmark says with a population less than 6 million people they printed less than 500 copies. just a fun rare book ... :cloud9:

2013-09-03_18-57-41_796_zps4444d2e0.jpg