• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

Would the print run for the newsstand be that dramatically different. It had to still be at least 50k for newsstand don't ya think?

For X-Force #2, 50K newsstand would be a 1:25 ratio (in today's terms) with the direct edition at 1,250,000.

Even if there are 125K newsstand, it would be 1:10.

(SCCB has X-Force #2 at 279,700 Capital City orders and Capital City at 22.1% of the Marvel market in 1991. That's 1,250,000 total.)

But high grade newsstand is also typically much lower.

And so is the amount of collectors. I understand your point, but my concern is that book just had a huge print run for any type of variant.

Try today's standards. Print runs on Marvel DC books are are 20k to 80k for the normal books most are around 25-45K. Now then look at the amount of newstand that are selling at Barnes and Nobles among other stores. Those are harder to find newstands.

Batman titles have been incredibly hot for me this week. (I think due to the release of Arkham Origins/Harley heat) I had a lot of Bat books priced at a premium and have sold all VF/NM:

Mad love @ 70

Joker's Asylum 2 Harley Quinn @ 18

Batman 386 @ 55

Batman 357 @ 45

Pained me to sell the 386 and Mad love as they were the only copies in my collection, but I can't turn down that money for those books.

GPA reports that a New Mutants #87 CGC 9.8 copy has moved from a $110 average in 2010 to a solid $200+ this year. Definitely upwards movement in the past three years. Nostalgila or is there some Cable movie I'm unaware about coming out in 2016? The Lyria Exchange has also noticed a great more NM #98 in the most active and most watched areas. hm(shrug)

GPA reports that a New Mutants #87 CGC 9.8 copy has moved from a $110 average in 2010 to a solid $200+ this year. Definitely upwards movement in the past three years. Nostalgila or is there some Cable movie I'm unaware about coming out in 2016? The Lyria Exchange has also noticed a great more NM #98 in the most active and most watched areas. hm(shrug)

Probably nostalgia, but I wouldn't be surprised if he sneaks in the new X-Men movie at the end. Bishop, Blink, time travel...but no Cable...seriously?

Probably nostalgia, but I wouldn't be surprised if he sneaks in the new X-Men movie at the end. Bishop, Blink, time travel...but no Cable...seriously?

That sums up my thoughts. Cable...seriously? lol

Would the print run for the newsstand be that dramatically different. It had to still be at least 50k for newsstand don't ya think?

For X-Force #2, 50K newsstand would be a 1:25 ratio (in today's terms) with the direct edition at 1,250,000.

Even if there are 125K newsstand, it would be 1:10.

(SCCB has X-Force #2 at 279,700 Capital City orders and Capital City at 22.1% of the Marvel market in 1991. That's 1,250,000 total.)

it is still a book that inhabits many $1 and less boxes (yes, i know, I saw some people trying to sell it 3 for $10 at NYCC, but nobody biting)... so, if it's on your list and you see 40 copies in some box and 2 happen to be newstand copies and you don't want to be a glutton for punishment if your X-Force 2 hoard never pans out...which 2 will you pick? that's all.

milehigh probably has the newstand version at $25.

100K print-runs hardly preclude a book from popping. true, this is a"variant" of a million+ print-run, but what about Spiderman 1 Silver Bagged -- that goes for a few bucks and the bagged green also sells OK and both had 125K print-runs.

Don't overlook the fact that because X-Force 2 has been languishing in discount bins for so long there are fewer high-grade copies out there. Most of the ones you find for sale now are damaged from poor storage and rummaging hands. I did see an X-Force 2 pulled out of a $5 bin recently, but I don't know if the buyer worked out a discount/deal of some kind. I still don't think it's a good book to buy, even for Deadpool fans. This Deadpool was just not the same character when written by Fabian Nicieza vs current incarnations.

No! You can't use dirty tactics like scientific method, experimentation, or the free market to determine actual answers! Stick to baseless speculation and defend it with zealotry!

;) mandatory sarcasm disclaimer

In all seriousness, good luck with the X-Force 2 slabbing. I'd love to know when if the NM98 pricing has bled over to later Deadpool. I won't part with my NM98 because I have the title run of New Mutants, but I care a lot less about my X-Force 2. It's also always interesting to see if the collecting world at large is interested in newsstand versions. Spawn 9 is well-known for its newsstand version's relative rarity, but not many others.

Don't overlook the fact that because X-Force 2 has been languishing in discount bins for so long there are fewer high-grade copies out there. Most of the ones you find for sale now are damaged from poor storage and rummaging hands. I did see an X-Force 2 pulled out of a $5 bin recently, but I don't know if the buyer worked out a discount/deal of some kind. I still don't think it's a good book to buy, even for Deadpool fans. This Deadpool was just not the same character when written by Fabian Nicieza vs current incarnations.

You would be surprised how many nice copies I see. are they 9.8s? Probably not, sure. Are they ebay 9.4s/9.6ses, yes. Remember, it was a speculation book so many a copy got bagged and boarded to fund future retirements.

No! You can't use dirty tactics like scientific method, experimentation, or the free market to determine actual answers! Stick to baseless speculation and defend it with zealotry!

;) mandatory sarcasm disclaimer

In all seriousness, good luck with the X-Force 2 slabbing. I'd love to know when if the NM98 pricing has bled over to later Deadpool. I won't part with my NM98 because I have the title run of New Mutants, but I care a lot less about my X-Force 2. It's also always interesting to see if the collecting world at large is interested in newsstand versions. Spawn 9 is well-known for its newsstand version's relative rarity, but not many others.

Someone here pulled a bunch of x-force 2 9.8 slab sales prices and the determination was that it's 50/50 whether it's worth slabbing..my guess is that it might have factored in losses in a pre-screen and what not as I think the sales price average was around $50...I have to think a newstand version will be worth the effort as it's bound to get a few extra bucks if 9.8

With chatter about Apocalypse being teased in upcoming X-men movies....Cable is a shoe in for an appearance sooner or later.

You just made 8 guys go bid on X-Factor 6.

that has already been hot as of late. same shop i pulled a few of these out of the $ box out of from 2004 - 2012 now has one up on the wall (raw) for like $30