• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,818 posts in this topic

With chatter about Apocalypse being teased in upcoming X-men movies....Cable is a shoe in for an appearance sooner or later.

You just made 8 guys go bid on X-Factor 6.

that has already been hot as of late. same shop i pulled a few of these out of the $ box out of from 2004 - 2012 now has one up on the wall (raw) for like $30

Yep. What blob said....that book has been warming up for awhile. It's fairly well known that when cornered and asked flat out about Apocalypse Bryan Singer got all dodgy and peeved. Seems like he doesn't want the proverbial cat let out of the bag just yet. It's clear he's going to be the 'big baddie' eventually in one or more of the upcoming X-franchises. I mean comeon...where else are you gonna go? Anyway here's a link to some speculation and gossip concerning Apocalypse:

http://screenrant.com/apocalypse-xmen-days-future-past-comic-con-2013/

Don't overlook the fact that because X-Force 2 has been languishing in discount bins for so long there are fewer high-grade copies out there. Most of the ones you find for sale now are damaged from poor storage and rummaging hands. I did see an X-Force 2 pulled out of a $5 bin recently, but I don't know if the buyer worked out a discount/deal of some kind. I still don't think it's a good book to buy, even for Deadpool fans. This Deadpool was just not the same character when written by Fabian Nicieza vs current incarnations.

Most, but not all - let us not forget that the CGC 10.0 New Mutants 98 was pulled from a dollar box at a con, IIRC.

Let us also not forget the strong argument that X-Force #1 is really DPs 2nd appearance.

;)

-slym

No! You can't use dirty tactics like scientific method, experimentation, or the free market to determine actual answers! Stick to baseless speculation and defend it with zealotry!

No! You can't use dirty tactics like pointing out how some people stick to baseless speculation and defend it with zealotry!

;)

Don't overlook the fact that because X-Force 2 has been languishing in discount bins for so long there are fewer high-grade copies out there. Most of the ones you find for sale now are damaged from poor storage and rummaging hands. I did see an X-Force 2 pulled out of a $5 bin recently, but I don't know if the buyer worked out a discount/deal of some kind. I still don't think it's a good book to buy, even for Deadpool fans. This Deadpool was just not the same character when written by Fabian Nicieza vs current incarnations.

Most, but not all - let us not forget that the CGC 10.0 New Mutants 98 was pulled from a dollar box at a con, IIRC.

Let us also not forget the strong argument that X-Force #1 is really DPs 2nd appearance.

;)

-slym

Not from the dollar boxes, but was from a con, I paid $80.

;)

Not from the dollar boxes, but was from a con, I paid $80.

D'oh! My bad... all apologies for my confusion.

:sorry:

-slym

Let us also not forget the strong argument that X-Force #1 is really DPs 2nd appearance. ;)

-slym

;) or not, this is just plain stoopid :screwy::insane:

In your opinion, anyway.

:)

-slym

Dang! :o I better take all of my XF1s out of the sealed bags right away! ;)

GPA reports that a New Mutants #87 CGC 9.8 copy has moved from a $110 average in 2010 to a solid $200+ this year. Definitely upwards movement in the past three years. Nostalgila or is there some Cable movie I'm unaware about coming out in 2016? The Lyria Exchange has also noticed a great more NM #98 in the most active and most watched areas. hm(shrug)

Probably nostalgia, but I wouldn't be surprised if he sneaks in the new X-Men movie at the end. Bishop, Blink, time travel...but no Cable...seriously?

My guess. Cable in the end credit scene of X-Men Days of Futures Past movie.

GPA reports that a New Mutants #87 CGC 9.8 copy has moved from a $110 average in 2010 to a solid $200+ this year. Definitely upwards movement in the past three years. Nostalgila or is there some Cable movie I'm unaware about coming out in 2016? The Lyria Exchange has also noticed a great more NM #98 in the most active and most watched areas. hm(shrug)

Probably nostalgia, but I wouldn't be surprised if he sneaks in the new X-Men movie at the end. Bishop, Blink, time travel...but no Cable...seriously?

movie-cable.jpg

:wishluck:

Why? I don't see why a 2nd appearance should rate as an "event" book anyway, as long as that is the only notable thing about it.

-slym

Then why did you bring it up, and why are you having this discussion??? :grin:

movie-cable.jpg

(worship)

movie-cable.jpg

(worship)

:sick:

Or Cable could just be in the movie, extended cameo or no.

If memory serves, both Cable and Bishop appeared in the two-part "Days of Future Past" adaptation back in the 90s X-Men cartoon.

If I were Singer, I'd split the story in two and end on a cliffhanger, a la the comics, perhaps introducing Apocalypse, etc. at the end.

Guess we'll know more later this week when the first trailer drops.

Why? I don't see why a 2nd appearance should rate as an "event" book anyway, as long as that is the only notable thing about it.

Then why did you bring it up, and why are you having this discussion??? :grin:

Consider it a tangent to this being a discussion about sales. Not at all pertinent, I will freely admit. But it's there.

:grin:

-slym