• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

Is there no mod in here?

What's worthy of mod attention? ???

(shrug) Judging by the threads he visits, maybe he wants us to get back to telling him which books to find to flip.

Well, we can't all come on a comic book forum to talk about TV shows.

Conversely, we can't all go to a TV show forum and talk about comic books.

Or can we? hm

I split the difference:

There are the 10-centers, the 12-centers, and then comics from the 70s, 80s, 90s, etc.

bronze/copper/modern/othernomeclature - that's for the ivory towered academics to ponder!

stop messing around with my retirement fund. (i smell a lot of ramen noodles and cat food in my future)

golden age goes to 1967. silver age goes to 1983 and bronze to 1999. copper goes to 2012.

so let it be written.

The Venom spin-off movie, whether good or bad, will set it on fire.

Plus the "Venom Project" will be hinted at in this summer's Spidey for the lead in.

It will be difficult to make a "good" Venom movie . . . but I don't disagree. :grin:

Let's talk about Marvel and Raccoon's.

Rocket Raccoon #1 @ $31 & 15 bids and a part of me wants to throw in a bid.

Other interesting coppers (or are they moderns?)

Supergirl #1 3rd printing @ $31 & 4 bids. A comic made popular by our own RMA.

Uncanny X-Men #510 @ $20 & 16 bids. A sexy Asian Psylocke drawn by Scott Campbell Jr. Anyone else noticing a pattern?

Superman: Man Of Steel #17 @ $17 & 6 bids. More popular than #18 at least in listings, maybe not price.

Harley Quinn #1 @ $16 & 13 bids. This one may be hitting the Modern Age but it still feels Copper and it's a Harley Quinn book so there you go.

Uncanny X-Men #510 @ $20 & 16 bids. A sexy Asian Psylocke drawn by Scott Campbell Jr. Anyone else noticing a pattern?

Superman: Man Of Steel #17 @ $17 & 6 bids. More popular than #18 at least in listings, maybe not price.

Harley Quinn #1 @ $16 & 13 bids. This one may be hitting the Modern Age but it still feels Copper and it's a Harley Quinn book so there you go.

MOS 17 is the one to have and newsstand edition are in high demand.

Rocket Raccoon #1 is part of a 4 issue Mini. Would someone really just want the #1 issue?

I have #1,2 & 3 but have been holding them cause I figured they were worthless without the #4.

Nope, nope. Apparently just issue #1 is well worth selling by itself. That's 30 bones man!

MOS 17 is the one to have and newsstand edition are in high demand.

I was told that the "1st app/Cameo" is Doomsday's fist. Not sure I rank that higher than MOS #18 but than again, the market perhaps has spoken? (shrug)

Be careful...I bought another one from this seller, advertised as "NM-", and the back cover has a 1.5" color breaking crease and is moderately scuffed. Combined with the front cover damage, it's a 7.0/7.5 at CGC, not the 9.2 advertised. I suspect this copy is a nice 8.0 masquerading as a 9.4.

I was happy to get one, but not at $60 for a 7.0/7.5.

By the way...is there anyone left who doesn't think this board wields tremendous influence on market trends? After not having any copies for years...years!...there are now EIGHT copies of Supergirl #1 3rd print up for sale...

...half of those from MCS.

Granted, the market for such things is very, very small, and once I get my ONE high grade copy, and maybe 2-3 other guys, the rest will languish as they are overpriced, but still....EIGHT copies...plus the one I bought.

Amazing.