• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,853 posts in this topic

Quick, first comic with a rap battle, it's going to be the next hot book.

It's not quite a rap battle, but Jon Sable #15 (August, 1984) has a dance off between African-American gang members and a gay Broadway performer.

danceoff-1.jpg

danceoff2.jpg

Make a list Fastball, What do you predict what will take off in the future that could be found now in a dollar box?

You can find copies of Batman: Thrillkiller 1-3 and '62 in the dollar (or less) boxes at every con and show you go to. Collect all four books and you win.

Someone already mentioned Swamp Thing 67 in this thread, it went largely ignored, or didn't receive much of a written response at least, but that seems like a no-brainer and is worth a second mention. If the demand for Constantine bled over from ST 37 to Hellblazer 1, one would think at some point, between now and a year from now when the first season is concluding on NBC (fingers crossed), the preview of Hellblazer would see a demand as well.

Shifting gears over to modern but staying in the same realm, Justice League Dark #1 is the most under-valued book from the New 52 right now. At some point the movie hype is going to latch onto this book. Its a first issue, its the first appearance of the team (ignoring the unlabeled, loose affiliation that happened back in ST 49 and 50) and it has a leggy female!

I did mentioned the swamp thing 67 but since I'm a troll it went respond less, I'll have to check out that JLA Dark 1. The Flash 1 (1987) should start to be sought after with the TV show coming. Wait...I'm trolling again, need to knock that off

Wrong Flash. That's not Barry Allen.

I'm not down playing it. But in this particular instance, I think its a face-palmable notion. Sometimes books get popular, however, the first appearance of Livewire has been whispered and rumoured about long before Kevin's "prediction".

which I'm not trying to down play either, because I like when people bring up different ideas on this forum.

It doesn't warrant a facepalm. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Pick a book. Name drop it here and elsewhere, give a reason (it doesn't even have to be accurate or correct, see Action 894) why it warrants attention. Watch all the dollar and two dollar listings on eBay get purchased. A new listing with the book for 15 or 20 dollars or more appears. Some poor sap, or a friend of the seller, or the seller's shill account, buys the book. Now everyone looks at completed listings and they see what they want to see, the jump in price. And now you have a movement on an otherwise dead issue. This happens all the time. It doesn't always work of course, but it is common.

Superman Adventures 5 is doing inappropriate things right now. Good for you and whomever else that is making money on it, but I don't believe the interest in the book is genuine. The prices on that book are going to freefall. This is not Harley Quinn. And even if you do believe Livewire's potential is similar to Harley Quinn's you wouldn't be paying Harley Quinn prices before that potential is actually realized.

I tend to agree with the above.

All Kevin wants for someone to say he was right. Otherwise he will keep repeating this over and over and over. Someone oblige him.

I'm not looking for validation, I'm defending my opinion

No wonder Larry of Larry's Comics doesn't post his market report here anymore, people on the boards can't seem to handle it.

Nope, its cause his list was often outdated or dead wrong. That is ok, I'm wrong all the time and so are many people who talk about comics online! But Larry seemed to take the corrections of others personally instead of appreciating the resource that members here can be.

Quick, first comic with a rap battle, it's going to be the next hot book.

It's not quite a rap battle, but Jon Sable #15 (August, 1984) has a dance off between African-American gang members and a gay Broadway performer.

danceoff-1.jpg

danceoff2.jpg

How do you know they're African-American....?

(yes, this is a trick question.)

Because they're black, and the PC nation insists we call them by their former and current heritage together, even though white people aren't treated the same.

I AM NOT WHITE, I AM SCOTS/IRISH, WHICH MAKES ME MORE OF A PALE BLUE COLOUR!

(:

-slym (a Scottish/Irish American) :lol:

Because they're black, and the PC nation insists we call them by their former and current heritage together, even though white people aren't treated the same.

I don't understand....what if they were born and raised in Canada?

hm

My point exactly!

I feel it is a disgrace to America, if you were born here and your parents were born here, to be called ANYTHING other than "an American." Hell, my great-grandfather jumped off a boat at Ellis Island, coming from Ireland, and I am as American as it gets. My heritage is Scots/Irish, but I am an American!!!

;)

-slym

I do shows all the time from attendance of 200 to 25K and have never EVER had anyone ask for a Livewire appearance. Ever. Not six months ago and not this weekend, where there were 5k people through the door.

I pretty much never ask a dealer if they have a book. Opens the door for them to jack the price up. I probably miss out on some stuff, but there are tons of other boxes to go through to find other goodies.

I do shows all the time from attendance of 200 to 25K and have never EVER had anyone ask for a Livewire appearance. Ever. Not six months ago and not this weekend, where there were 5k people through the door.

I pretty much never ask a dealer if they have a book. Opens the door for them to jack the price up. I probably miss out on some stuff, but there are tons of other boxes to go through to find other goodies.

+1

Edit: I'll usually get the "oh I might have that somewhere" and than the next show, they'll wave me down and it will be three times FMV.

Case and point X-Men 4 Omega Red. There is a dealer who I saw today who just based on me asking for it puts it on his wall. doh!

Edited by A$APJimmylinguini

I did mentioned the swamp thing 67 but since I'm a troll it went respond less, I'll have to check out that JLA Dark 1. The Flash 1 (1987) should start to be sought after with the TV show coming. Wait...I'm trolling again, need to knock that off

Wrong Flash. That's not Barry Allen.

Shhh....let's keep that a secret

Case and point X-Men 4 Omega Red. There is a dealer who I saw today who just based on me asking for it puts it on his wall. doh!

lol

Did he hang a 'HOT HOT HOT - MOVIE ON THE WAY ONE DAY - CGC AND PGX IT' sign over it?

+1

Edit: I'll usually get the "oh I might have that somewhere" and than the next show, they'll wave me down and it will be three times FMV.

Case in point X-Men 4 Omega Red. There is a dealer who I saw today who just based on me asking for it puts it on his wall. doh!

FTFY

-slym

I agree with you because sometimes they don't know if it's going to be hot. Otherwise they will just play dumb and say they don't have any and next thing you know they jack the price up. It happened to me with Epic Adventure 3.