• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,818 posts in this topic

I'm saying that the information is readily available for anyone who wishes to seek out appearances of Character X or whatever else they want. If people actually cared about early appearances of Livewire, they could buy them or even start bidding wars for them without the need for hype.

This point is completely valid. If Livewire demand was being driven by fans of the character, who want to own and read her appearances, SA 22 shouldn't have been skipped over in the recent jumps in price and demand.

It's an Internet hype fuelled gold rush.

So none of the hype was generated by her insertion into the new 52?

No. It's the same false premise as the Joker's Daughter excitement of last fall.

It's pretty crazy to see how much these boards can move books and influence prices. I personally think this Livewire hype will crash and burn too.

SA5 selling for almost the same price as BA12 one or two years ago is nuts, especially since Harley's popularity has been healthily and steadily growing for the past decade and she's a character well known to people who don't read comic books. Livewire is barely even known to people who do read comic books...

Isn't that the point? Why should anyone know about her? She's done nothing! I only know anything about her because of when she made her DCU debut, which happened to be when I was really into (then) current DC.

Who cares about any of the characters as long as it makes you some money? (shrug)

Really? This message board is going down the toilet if this is the new mantra of members. :sick:

Things to do...

Try and stay out of comics general, AND the copper area. :facepalm:

I think you are in the wrong thread.

Isn't that the point? Why should anyone know about her? She's done nothing! I only know anything about her because of when she made her DCU debut, which happened to be when I was really into (then) current DC.

Who cares about any of the characters as long as it makes you some money? (shrug)

Really? This message board is going down the toilet if this is the new mantra of members. :sick:

Things to do...

And modern.

I'm saying that the information is readily available for anyone who wishes to seek out appearances of Character X or whatever else they want. If people actually cared about early appearances of Livewire, they could buy them or even start bidding wars for them without the need for hype.

This point is completely valid. If Livewire demand was being driven by fans of the character, who want to own and read her appearances, SA 22 shouldn't have been skipped over in the recent jumps in price and demand.

That's silly. A sale still needs to be consummated. You naysayers don't understand a free market. (Nor do you own any HG copies of these books). lol

Focus.

We're not discussing whether sales are occurring. We're discussing WHY sales are occurring. It's an upward spiral created by a sequence of greater fools, as fingh outlined earlier in the thread. The only question is: who is the last in line?

And, having been involved in equities for fifteen years, I'll gladly match my knowledge of markets and market forces against yours, especially if you embrace the specious third grade level argument that naysayers must simply not own the books.

If you think the rise in prices is indicative of a sudden intrinsic value in the character or stories then you must think the Dutch really valued tulips in the 1600s. :baiting:

So which Livewire appearances do you own?

Edited by MrWeen

That's silly. A sale still needs to be consummated. You naysayers don't understand a free market. (Nor do you own any HG copies of these books). lol

Yea, they are just jealous

sa5.jpg

The SA 5 is a 9.8.

That said this character and book is exactly what 500Club said it was.

Focus.

We're not discussing whether sales are occurring. We're discussing WHY sales are occurring. It's an upward spiral created by a sequence of greater fools, as fingh outlined earlier in the thread. The only question is: who is the last in line?

And, having been involved in equities for fifteen years, I'll gladly match my knowledge of markets and market forces against yours, especially if you embrace the specious third grade level argument that naysayers must simply not own the books.

If you think the rise in prices is indicative of a sudden intrinsic value in the character or stories then you must think the Dutch really valued tulips in the 1600s. :baiting:

All of the SA ones, as I had all the DC adventures titles on my pull list.

Seriously, though, arguing naysayers must not own the books is ridiculous, as is the flip side argument, which is to accuse the folks arguing for the book as pump-and-dumpers.

Things to do...

And modern.

Modern fell off the cart awhile back with the new board members now copper is just doing the same.

Things to do...

Say it ain't so Frankie, say it ain't so! :hi:

Focus.

If you think the rise in prices is indicative of a sudden intrinsic value in the character or stories, then you must think the Dutch really valued tulips in the 1600s. :baiting:

lol

:gossip: We're not talking about major investments here. We're talking about disposable income. :grin: Whatever makes someone happy.

Focus.

Why, ALL of them. :grin:

Yea, they are just jealous

sa5.jpg

The SA 5 is a 9.8.

That said this character and book is exactly what 500Club said it was.

Darkstar,

Stoopid. lol

-divad

:gossip: You should have those puppies listed. :baiting: