• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,820 posts in this topic

No one should care about it anywhere.

Probably worth noting that the Green Arrow 1 from the New 52 sells significantly better on eBay than the Green Arrow 1 from 1988 that keeps getting cited as heating up by a certain someone in the copper forum.

My statement was a bit harsh anyway. The Batman series is pretty good and so was I, Vampire, Animal Man and Swamp Thing.

Maybe prices for Green Arrow books haven't gone up much but I've definitely noticed more interest in the books. Since the series started, I've been asked various times what Green Arrow books I have with me and that's pretty much the only DC character that I get asked about usually.

yeah, in the interweb/ebay market constant sales don't drive price increases, you need scarcity/supply-demand too. if sellers have an endless supply of these books they keep on putting up for $1-$2 then they will sell for that much. take a look at thor 340. a double digit type book briefly last year if I remember for a moment before everyone dug up their copies and put them on ebay. now it is selling for $1-$3 with a lot of regularity on ebay. tons of people are still buying it, but more copies just come out of the woodwork at that low price point. the cheap copies need to get wiped out and replaced with higher priced ones for there ever to be movement, sort of like what happened last week with B&B 200 where it seems like all the reasonably priced BINs were hit within or 3 days of eachother.

of course, there still needs to be interest, not just a limited supply.

Maybe prices for Green Arrow books haven't gone up much but I've definitely noticed more interest in the books. Since the series started, I've been asked various times what Green Arrow books I have with me and that's pretty much the only DC character that I get asked about usually.

yeah, in the interweb/ebay market constant sales don't drive price increases, you need scarcity/supply-demand too. if sellers have an endless supply of these books they keep on putting up for $1-$2 then they will sell for that much. take a look at thor 340. a double digit type book briefly last year if I remember for a moment before everyone dug up their copies and put them on ebay. now it is selling for $1-$3 with a lot of regularity on ebay. tons of people are still buying it, but more copies just come out of the woodwork at that low price point. the cheap copies need to get wiped out and replaced with higher priced ones for there ever to be movement, sort of like what happened last week with B&B 200 where it seems like all the reasonably priced BINs were hit within or 3 days of eachother.

of course, there still needs to be interest, not just a limited supply.

And that was just the initial wave of copies that people had in hand. Now we will see a second wave of people buying at a LCS or con and listing them.

I've got one of these somewhere. Probably no better than a VF, but I don't care, because I don't think I'd part with my Outsiders books. When I first started collecting, I bought the first 7 issues from my local shop as a set, and it was my favorite book until they canceled it. It was lots of fun in those pre-web days trying to find all of the Outsiders' appearances.

For sure, well over a $200 book

B&B #200 $51?

Why are people so crazy?

I've got 10 copies of that book, somewhere.

those giant size anniversary issues from that era i think don't hold up so well, i wonder if a 9.6 or 9.8 is a tough one there

B&B #200 $51?

Why are people so crazy?

those giant size anniversary issues from that era i think don't hold up so well, i wonder if a 9.6 or 9.8 is a tough one there

The real problem with those DC "Anniversary" books (B&B #200, Tec #526, etc.) is that the "Anniversary" is printed in a metallic ink, and they attract fingerprints like magnets.

B&B #200 $51?

Why are people so crazy?

I picked up a few several years ago from a seller on eBay that had to have landed a case/store back stock pile of them. They were all 9.4+ type unread copies. They are still out there en masse in high grade, but will not be pulled out until the prices justify it.