• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

So, can someone explain why there is absolutely zero movement on Green Arrow, then......?

His first appearance is out of reach. I don't know about the copper stuff, but certain modern issues have been doing well. But yes, it is a bit weird. People go nuts for any other books that even just gets optioned for TV. Arrow is an established hit, and not much heat on the main character.

No, Deathstroke not Deathlok. In fact DC just announced that Deathstroke will be getting another ongoing monthly starting in October.

I never saw what Deathlok looked like in that Agents of Shield show. Decent?

No, horrible. Deathstroke is basically a leotard and a sword, so not sure how that could look cheap. I don't mind it on the show.

That firestorm first Bite going from $1 to $15 is pretty cool. Isn't that all because of the Arrow Tv-Show?

Don't see any other reason for it and the show isn't even on right now.

The show just recently had a finale and is a wildly popular show. If it continues to do well I see no reason why first appearances of Katana, Diggle, Smoak, Ravager and others won't continue to rise in value. What do I know though I still think Agent Coulson's first appearance is undervalued. :grin:

No you are right on this time I think. The show is wildly popular. Every time I walk into my local comic shop someone is looking for Green Arrow issues.

Each character that has appeared on the Arrow show has gotten a nice increase in valuation. Not huge, but a nice bump. Unlike a lot of characters who have been optioned this characters are actually on TV.

So, can someone explain why there is absolutely zero movement on Green Arrow, then......?

His first appearance is out of reach. I don't know about the copper stuff, but certain modern issues have been doing well. But yes, it is a bit weird. People go nuts for any other books that even just gets optioned for TV. Arrow is an established hit, and not much heat on the main character.

I agree fans are conventional comic book fans/buyers. I have seen multiple times a younger kid (20s) coming in and buying all the $1 books of Green Arrow they can find.

Can elaborate on what you can Zero Movement for Arrow books? Modern? Bronze? SA?

I got other sellers who tell me Long Bow Hunters sells well all day long in slab.

What Green Arrow are you talking about? His very first appearance, the New 52, what has no movement?

Vol 2 #1 has had some outliers sell for $30, still can be found for $1.

New 52 #1 should be more sought after since is the 1st Diggle. Issue #17 has been hot for months and is a solid $10-12 book.

I got other sellers who tell me Long Bow Hunters sells well all day long in slab.

I'm not much of a DC guy, but I would definitely watch if that storyline ever made it to the small screen.

What Green Arrow are you talking about? His very first appearance, the New 52, what has no movement?

Vol 2 #1 has had some outliers sell for $30, still can be found for $1.

New 52 #1 should be more sought after since is the 1st Diggle. Issue #17 has been hot for months and is a solid $10-12 book.

I've been selling #1 from the 1983 mini for some nice coin http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=25844609

How about I don't tell you what to post and you don't tell me what to post and life works well for both of us. :makepoint: If you really want, you can start a "raws that are selling well on eBay" :baiting:

Well...this is the eBay thread and MCS isn't eBay :baiting:

:jokealert:

GA 0 and 17 in New 52 are well above cover now.

How about I don't tell you what to post and you don't tell me what to post and life works well for both of us. :makepoint: If you really want, you can start a "raws that are selling well on eBay" :baiting:

Well...this is the eBay thread and MCS isn't eBay :baiting:

:jokealert:

lol

~ ahem ~

As I asked earlier, why is there no movement on Green Arrow? That would include things like Long Bow Hunters, the first mini, the first regular series, etc.

The last mini sold on eBay sold for a whole $5.50 yesterday.

A set of Longbow Hunters and TWO sets of the mini sold for a whopping $4 on the 29th.

The Grell series....zip.

Apparently, ancillary, supporting characters are much cooler than title characters.

Is it just that the interest in Green Arrow himself is too diluted? If all someone wants is any given Green Arrow book to read because they like the Arrow TV show, their interests don't have to be as focused as those who want the relatively fewer appearances of minor/supporting characters.

Possibly those examples you gave would not have sold for any price without the TV show influence? Possibly dollar bins nationwide are being plundered of their GAs? (shrug)

~ ahem ~

As I asked earlier, why is there no movement on Green Arrow? That would include things like Long Bow Hunters, the first mini, the first regular series, etc.

A set of Longbow Hunters and TWO sets of the mini sold for a whopping $4 on the 29th.

The Grell series....zip.

Apparently, ancillary, supporting characters are much cooler than title characters.

So I asked experts on this question, three 19 year olds. All three of them said "that's not the character on Arrow" when I showed them the Long Bow Hunters miniseries.

I then showed them the Green Arrow books. Same response.

When I said "same name, same character" the response was - nope, different guy.

nobody finds the huge number of BINS on that book yesterday interesting??

It will be when somebody on here starts pimping it out as the next hot new thing...

Already happening elsewhere.

I would tread lightly, very few of the books related to the Arrow series and characters that have been featured on it have seen much interest in the secondary market. Nothing wrong with trying to get ahead of the curve, but similar first appearances haven't seen that much of an uptick in demand.

Yeah, I'm not sold on all these DC TV appearances keeping their demand. Only book that legitimately caught fire was New Teen Titans 2 because of Deathstroke. And even that surprises me since the picture I saw of him looks like a fanboy went to Ace Hardware and made his own getup.

which has been expensive on ebay for a good 7-9 years and getting a bit more expensive each year regardless of the show. the show might have pushed it into the three digits though

~ ahem ~

The Grell series....zip.

Personally, I feel like he fell victim too many Limited Series. Never got a good run of books until later, which makes the earlier stuff not as desirable. Really hard to build an individual character base when you only get 3-4 issues.

Secondly, you can't base sales, good or bad, on any one sale. Like I said, some go for a couple bucks some go for $30.

Lastly, none of those are the 1st appearance of him or anybody else. If you follow speculation it typically deals in a hot cover or 1st appearance now days.

Edited by ygogolak

So I asked experts on this question, three 19 year olds. All three of them said "that's not the character on Arrow" when I showed them the Long Bow Hunters miniseries.

I then showed them the Green Arrow books. Same response.

When I said "same name, same character" the response was - nope, different guy.

Did they also ask where you kept the munchies or pizza? :popcorn:

i think the point is that book might go for $240 in 9.8 for a lot of reasons (impossible in grade mainly, low census) while a really nice raw might be a $3 book (I honestly don't know, but that is a book i have gotten out of dollar boxes in like 9.0-9.2 condition), whereas some other "$240 in 9.8" book might be a solid $40-$60 in raw NM and then I'm really interested....

Edited by the blob

~ ahem ~

The Grell series....zip.

cuz those are the one-billionth appearances of GA vs. 1st for the others?

although his first mini should generate more interest. but i can't remember, did he have his own solo stories in any titles already like adventure or flash or what not? i assume in the GA he had solo stories, but he had his little sidekick then though.

~ ahem ~

The Grell series....zip.

Personally, I feel like he fell victim too many Limited Series. Never got a good run of books until later, which makes the earlier stuff not as desirable. Really hard to build an individual character base when you only get 3-4 issues.

Secondly, you can't base sales, good or bad, on any one sale. Like I said, some go for a couple bucks some go for $30.

Lastly, none of those are the 1st appearance of him or anybody else. If you follow speculation it typically deals in a hot cover or 1st appearance now days.

Well here's my favorite first appearance from a Green Arrow comic: first Onomatopoeia. The cover's not too bad either.

73841-9113-71656-1-green-arrow_zps6e7e7617.jpg

Edited by MrWeen