• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

why is the man who laughs l getting all the love right now? ive got a ss 9.8 brubaker. should i sell?

No special heat right now. Man Who Laughs has been a $25-$50 book for years now. The time to sell was a few years ago, before the hardcover reprint came out.

If you look, the book received one bid. Not exactly "heating" up.

More relevant to this thread, the book is from two thousand :censored: five . Not Copper or even the post-Copper (90s) range that is commonly discussed in this section.

maybe divad's version did well because it is the rare 1988 version printed 17 years before the book was actually published?

You really gotta work on learning the quote function.

:ohnoez:

interesting. i quoted the whole thread, but at the end decided to cut your statement because it wasn't relevant to what I was responding to and the website re-jiggied everything to make it look like you had made the 2005 comment, etc. weird.

You cut my statement and the end quote html, but then forgot to delete the quote header (that says "quote=RockMyAmadeus") up at the top.

why is the man who laughs l getting all the love right now? ive got a ss 9.8 brubaker. should i sell?

No special heat right now. Man Who Laughs has been a $25-$50 book for years now. The time to sell was a few years ago, before the hardcover reprint came out.

If you look, the book received one bid. Not exactly "heating" up.

More relevant to this thread, the book is from two thousand :censored: five . Not Copper or even the post-Copper (90s) range that is commonly discussed in this section.

maybe divad's version did well because it is the rare 1988 version printed 17 years before the book was actually published?

You really gotta work on learning the quote function.

:ohnoez:

It's hit or miss. I don't get it.

Please don't. :grin:

Oh, and btw Jim, remind again who you are, and why I should care if you do or not? hmlol

I'm just a guy, with a very good reputation on the boards and in the hobby in general. The non condescending type who can actually grade a book. Don't worry about me though, I'm not the issue here. A half dozen people have already said the book ain't even close to a 9.8 and this has been a very enlightening excerise. :thumbsup:

Jim

obviously it's not one of his tomato boxers, they are all 9.9 on ebay

another wonderful trip to my LCS, used my "spree card discount" and got all this for a great price.

gotta love stores that price according to OSPG, all books are VF/NM except for ASM300 which is about 8.0/8.5. but the Swamp Thing #37 is VERY nice.

:)

HPIM1717_zps12c557d2.jpg

another wonderful trip to my LCS, used my "spree card discount" and got all this for a great price.

gotta love stores that price according to OSPG, all books are VF/NM except for ASM300 which is about 8.0/8.5. but the Swamp Thing #37 is VERY nice.

:)

HPIM1717_zps12c557d2.jpg

Tattoo in that 238?

I sold a raw ST 37 7.5 on MCS today for $140 that book's

on fire :flamed:

I had a solid NM Swamp Thing #37 for sale on eBay, and I kept getting HUGE resistance at $120. Person after person after person kept making $50, $60, $70 offers....

Finally did sell it at $120. Yay.

I sold a raw ST 37 7.5 on MCS today for $140 that book's on fire :flamed:

Consignment?

Yeah, it wasn't up very long, I priced it high because I wanted to hold t until closer to the show or at least until SDCC

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=26043203

Maybe it was the "misaligned cover" that did it lol it is a really nice copy if not for that.

Wow, nice payout on a book with that severe a misalignment (worship)

Did you grade it at 7.5?

Yeah, but maybe someone looked at that book and figured CGC would forgive the printing defect and give it a 9.4+? i can't see any spine ticks or anything from here.

It looks like Firestorm 1 is seeing some nice movement currently. Id like to say its exploding, but after I looked at the 3 highest sales which are around $40 I am not sure about their validity. It is however exceeding $20+ regularly now.

The problem with Firestorm #1 is that most copies out there on the bay suck donkey balls. They're filled with ticks, rubs, splits and generally are in poor condition. If one actually came around that was even close to NM I betcha it'd fetch some bigger $.

Ebay NM = found in trash can covered in splooge.

It looks like Firestorm 1 is seeing some nice movement currently. Id like to say its exploding, but after I looked at the 3 highest sales which are around $40 I am not sure about their validity. It is however exceeding $20+ regularly now.

The problem with Firestorm #1 is that most copies out there on the bay suck donkey balls. They're filled with ticks, rubs, splits and generally are in poor condition. If one actually came around that was even close to NM I betcha it'd fetch some bigger $.

You would think the fire would repel the ticks....

You would think the fire would repel the ticks....

rimshot_zps964dc1b0.jpg