• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

How is Copper's correct and Coppers not? Is the title supposed to be that "Copper is heating/selling well on eBay" or that "Coppers (copper comics) "that are" heating/selling on Ebay? If it's the first, then I understand, but I always assumed it was the latter. :)

It's supposed to be "Coppers (that are) heating/selling well on eBay"

The apostrophe is superfluous.

"Copper's (that is, Copper is) heating/selling well on eBay" would just be a declarative statement about the general state of the Copper Age market, without discussing individual books.

Minutiae.

:cloud9:

How is Copper's correct and Coppers not? Is the title supposed to be that "Copper is heating/selling well on eBay" or that "Coppers (copper comics) "that are" heating/selling on Ebay? If it's the first, then I understand, but I always assumed it was the latter. :)

"Copper's (that is, Copper is) heating/selling well on eBay" would just be a declarative statement about the general state of the Copper Age market, without discussing individual books.

Minutiae.

I thought 'Copper's = Copper is' always sounded like the element copper is heating up on ebay.

Minutiae.

I thought 'Copper's = Copper is' always sounded like the element copper is heating up on ebay.

That too!

How is Copper's correct and Coppers not? Is the title supposed to be that "Copper is heating/selling well on Ebay" or that "Coppers (copper comics) "that are" heating/selling on Ebay? If it's the first, then I understand, but I always assumed it was the latter. :)

"Copper" sounds like something James Cagney would say in a 1930s crime movie

Minutiae.

Copper's Heating also sounds like a policeman's side business :insane:

Doctor Strange : Into Shambala is selling pretty damn briskly.

An average of two sales per week (on eBay) over the past two months? You might want to get a new dictionary.

Oh, and people are dumb. :facepalm: At least the people who've been sitting on unmovable MGN for the last three decades are happy.

There haven't been more than 4 copies of Into Shamballa available for sale on eBay at any one time over the past 2 years until a couple of months ago when mentions of the book made the rounds on the internet.

A while back I remember reading somewhere that elements of Doctor Strange 45 ( vol. 3 ) might be used in a film if one were to ever get made. Seeing that it was an Infinity War crossover issue led me to discard that info. Today I decided to find and read the issue. Surprisingly there are critical elements of the Doctor's origin within this comic not limited to important information concerning his brother and the Ancient One.

Can't find that book out in the wild at all, I've found the 49 but not the the 50

we should hype the 49 more, its the REAL 1st app.

Can't find that book out in the wild at all, I've found the 49 but not the the 50

What about the New 52 JLD #1 as the 1st app.? :baiting:

I don't own that one

What about the New 52 JLD #1 as the 1st app.? :baiting:

I don't own that one

lol

Neither did I until I hit a store on break and they had 4 priced at $1 each.

Whichever team or appearance becomes "the one", I have my bases covered.

Sweet. I picked up a run of #37 until the end a couple of months back and was not aware that any other issues were worth more than a few dollars.

(Courtesy of Bosco) Swampy 53 also appears to be heating up :grin: