• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,847 posts in this topic

Everyone might already know this but Thor #337 is trending higher. This copy @ $6 but 31 watchers. I'm feeling the Beta Ray love! (thumbs u :applause:

I love Beta Ray and Ti Asha Ra but Gunn has stated that Beta Ray is not in the collector's collection in Knowhere so I am not sure why he's trending higher.

Does everything have to be about a movie? Can't a good book get some heat for being a good book? (shrug)

I think it can, but when talking about overprinted books from 25 years ago, its hard to think suddenly a new generation will suddenly think NFL All-pro is a great read and cause a flurry of new buyers.

I agree on NFL All-pro and the like, but this is a classic that deserves the love.

I agree, but you would need a 'sudden' influx of interest all at the same time (to noticeably affect the price), when its relatively easy to think that most people who love that story line already own a copy. Without a specific impetus to drive demand at a single point in time, it would be tough (not impossible) to get 'heat'. Recently, that specific 'impetus' has generally been in TV or movies.

Everyone might already know this but Thor #337 is trending higher. This copy @ $6 but 31 watchers. I'm feeling the Beta Ray love! (thumbs u :applause:

I love Beta Ray and Ti Asha Ra but Gunn has stated that Beta Ray is not in the collector's collection in Knowhere so I am not sure why he's trending higher.

Does everything have to be about a movie? Can't a good book get some heat for being a good book? (shrug)

I think it can, but when talking about overprinted books from 25 years ago, its hard to think suddenly a new generation will suddenly think NFL All-pro is a great read and cause a flurry of new buyers.

I agree on NFL All-pro and the like, but this is a classic that deserves the love.

I agree, but you would need a 'sudden' influx of interest all at the same time (to noticeably affect the price), when its relatively easy to think that most people who love that story line already own a copy. Without a specific impetus to drive demand at a single point in time, it would be tough (not impossible) to get 'heat'. Recently, that specific 'impetus' has generally been in TV or movies.

We're having our own little agreement festival this morning. lol My guess would be trying to buy ahead of an announcement of a TV/movie appearance.

Hey props to Diva D for getting some sucker to pony up big money for a supposed 9.9. We all know that's ridiculous, and after that guy gets his book graded and returned -- he will too. But... personally I would never even mention "9.9" in an auction of a raw book.

There's almost zero justification for selling a key comic raw if you genuinely think its a 9.9. Drop an extra $50 bucks to make an extra $500 3 weeks later? I'd have a lot of questions. But maybe those were asked and answered appropriately and they came together on a solid price for the actual grade.

+1

A 9.9 claim has to be one of the cheapest sales tactics there is. You're basically saying that you're leaving hundreds on the table for the buyer to reap so you can make tens. But he may be the first seller who puts making customers money as job #1.

:gossip:

He doesn't really believe the grades that he gives every book he sells. Certainly not any "9.9" and not most of his "9.8"s.

But I think it's time people stop giving props to Divad for ripping people off on Ebay. It's scummy and he should be called to the carpet for it more than he is currently.

Edited by Transplant

But I think it's time people not giving props to be Divad for ripping people off on Ebay.

hm

Does someone have a Tranny to English...um..."Trans"-lator...?

Flu grammar rocks.

These days? The answer apparently is no

It's NFL Super-Pro. meh

It's NFL Super-Pro. meh

doh! I knew that was wrong when I quoted it, but I couldn't remember either so I went with it...

But I think it's time people not giving props to be Divad for ripping people off on Ebay.

hm

Does someone have a Tranny to English...um..."Trans"-lator...?

Flu grammar rocks.

S'ok, man.

Eastern Europeans are now forewarned about Divad's grading. :grin:

These days? The answer apparently is no

Not unless you can convince the speculator web sites to tell their followers.

Edited by Fastballspecial

It's NFL Super-Pro. meh

I think there is a secret club of die hard super-pro fans out there. It sure gets referenced a lot when it's time to bash a trend or reference anything wrong with comics. There's a laundry list of major titles to mention! Why is it always the Pro?