• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

I have a few books out of my entire collection that I can safely say "I believe" them to be 9.9.

My submissions have never garnered more than a CGC 9.8. Of course I've never sent in my mythical 9.9+ books.

I've submitted a 9.9 and received a 9.9. :whistle:

Any Vengeance of Bane #1's?

I have a few books out of my entire collection that I can safely say "I believe" them to be 9.9.

My submissions have never garnered more than a CGC 9.8. Of course I've never sent in my mythical 9.9+ books.

Would have been. :grin:

Would have been. :grin:

Why, hypothetically, leave all of that money on the table? A modern sub is $20 or so.

Edited by manetteska

I will post my results but I have about 50 other books to have graded, before these 4 and I'm not in a rush as the DS movie won't be out for a while.

Apparent hilarity of my posting aside, my point was that if you KNOW how to grade CONSERVATIVELY and can do so without bias........ you should not feel skittish about assigning a 9.9 grade to a book.

I cant wait to see your ebay account after you sell a few raw books as 9.9

Who said anything about calling a raw book a 9.9 and selling it on eBay?

That would either be a huge headache or a waste of a nice profit margin.Likely both.

A raw "9.9" book on eBay wouldn't fetch jack balls, in relation to a graded 9.9 so if I were to sell such a book, I would surely have it graded before putting it up on eBay.

Anyway....cheers to the other 2 posters who said they came across raw 9.9's and would grade them as such.

I realize that I may be new to posting on this board and I mean the following with all due respect but come on, now.

*** Y'all muthaphuckaz be trippin'. ***

Or whatever the kids are saying, these days.

That would either be a huge headache or a waste of a nice profit margin.Likely both.

A raw "9.9" book on eBay wouldn't fetch jack balls, in relation to a graded 9.9 so if I were to sell such a book, I would surely have it graded before putting it up on eBay.

Anyway....cheers to the other 2 posters who said they came across raw 9.9's and would grade them as such.

I realize that I may be new to posting on this board and I mean the following with all due respect but come on, now.

You might want to change that post, as the one line could be considered "profanity masking" and get you a small vacation from the boards.

No worries, I am not gonna hump the button, but someone might.

(thumbs u

-slym

I want in on the bet if you are so certain. I've subbed many thousands of books and have never gotten a 9.9. I get tons of 9.8's. Posting what you're boasting (haha. That rhymes) on a forum with some of the most knowledgeable collectors/dealers that exist in the hobby is a little silly. Also, I'd watch combining that with masking curse words if you plan on sticking around and enlightening everyone for very long.... What 9.9's/10's have you gotten in the past? Pics?

I will post my results but I have about 50 other books to have graded, before these 4 and I'm not in a rush as the DS movie won't be out for a while.

Apparent hilarity of my posting aside, my point was that if you KNOW how to grade CONSERVATIVELY and can do so without bias........ you should not feel skittish about assigning a 9.9 grade to a book.

No need to hurry grading them with the quick turnaround times on books these days.

lol You beat me to it Slym. Basically I think what isn't being taken into account here is the infrequency of getting a 9.9/10. I have had a lot of flawless books that in my opinion should have gotten those grades, but they ended up in 9.8 holders. I also have had my fair share of books that I didn't think would hit 9.8 that did. The reality is that even if a book has zero discernible flaws you are waaaay more likely to get a 9.8 on it than a 9.9. That's just been the reality of it from my experience and the experiences of a lot of dealers I know that have subbed just as much or more than I have.

You might want to change that post, as the one line could be considered "profanity masking" and get you a small vacation from the boards.

No worries, I am not gonna hump the button, but someone might.

(thumbs u

-slym